Jan 22, 2024

lofsfire

Trail 1/8 from Burgland was very thin on the way out. The way back was basically muddy snow.

Trail 102 a little rough (but decent) 90% snow covered. The way back same bumps but noticeably thinner with many watery spots and muddy spots. Down to about 75% snow coverage.

Trail 11(South Boundary Road) decent snow maybe 8" to 10" deep. Skis wanted to follow the tracks before you but otherwise no problem hitting over a hundred if you want to!

Didn't actually go out to Lake of the Clouds. I was afraid we wouldn't have enough gas to get back and I was right. Pulled back in the Berglund with the light flashing. Which was actually good I've never taken my sled that low before. I was able to find out that I actually have 2 gallons left on the light comes on. We talked to another group at the gas station who said they barely made it back and they wish they would not have gone because the trail was very beat and very muddy.

Overall the trip was great and we made the best of it!

rph130

Trail 1/8 from Burgland was very thin on the way out. The way back was basically muddy snow.

Trail 102 a little rough (but decent) 90% snow covered. The way back same bumps but noticeably thinner with many watery spots and muddy spots. Down to about 75% snow coverage.

Trail 11(South Boundary Road) decent snow maybe 8" to 10" deep. Skis wanted to follow the tracks before you but otherwise no problem hitting over a hundred if you want to!

Didn't actually go out to Lake of the Clouds. I was afraid we wouldn't have enough gas to get back and I was right. Pulled back in the Berglund with the light flashing. Which was actually good I've never taken my sled that low before. I was able to find out that I actually have 2 gallons left on the light comes on. We talked to another group at the gas station who said they barely made it back and they wish they would not have gone because the trail was very beat and very muddy.

Overall the trip was great and we made the best of it!
Glad you were able to get out and ride. Still in a waiting period here in Northern Wisconsin. Near 40 here yesterday in Presque Isle. All of the snow has slid off of my metal roofs and trails are starting to show mud. Middle of my lake/ice is starting to go dark today as snow is gone.

lofsfire

Glad you were able to get out and ride. Still in a waiting period here in Northern Wisconsin. Near 40 here yesterday in Presque Isle. All of the snow has slid off of my metal roofs and trails are starting to show mud. Middle of my lake/ice is starting to go dark today as snow is gone.

Thanks yes I was really excited that we got the ride as well. My friend that I took with, it was his first time coming up north so I was definitely trying to make it memorable.

So since we rode Friday and didn't feel like Saturday we would find any rideable snow. We left Rockland headed down to Eagle River to check out the World Snowmobile Museum at the Derby track. Then found out there was a vintage show over at the Sayner Pub. Walked around that for a little bit. Then headed down to St Germain and went to the snowmobile Hall of Fame Museum. Grab the hotel for the night went to Sister Saloon for a great dinner. Then stop by Slo and the Thunderbird. As we headed back to the hotel for the night it was starting to snow! Of course that was short-loved and I only had a dusting on my truck on trailer when I came out in the morning.

saber1

Pretty much same conditions here in the Eastern UP Pine Stump area got here Monday but as of today trails are done need new snow a lot of Mud not worth it if anyone is planning on coming up. We spent today visiting Local attractions By truck .Local businesses really hurting up here but still enjoyed ourselves .

lofsfire

Pretty much same conditions here in the Eastern UP Pine Stump area got here Monday but as of today trails are done need new snow a lot of Mud not worth it if anyone is planning on coming up. We spent today visiting Local attractions By truck .Local businesses really hurting up here but still enjoyed ourselves .
Saber1 I saw on FB a group posting that forest roads were great in that area... The pictures looked good...

saber1

Yea they were ok but by Wednesday they were even getting thin its been in the upper 30s for almost 10 days up here.