January 12th

700xcsp

I was surprised not to see a thread already. In New lLenox IL I plowed 2-3 inches of driveway around 5:30 this morning. Still snowing at a good pace and starting to blow, wind is picking up. I am in Downers Grove IL now and there is probably a good 4-5 inches.
Supposed to get upwards of 12" by noon tomorrow. Although it is good to see snow, I wish it would all go North to the Northwoods.

IOWASLEDDER

3-4 inches overnight roughly. Calling for 6-12 inches total depending on who you listen to. Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Iowa area.

dfattack

I was surprised not to see a thread already. In New lLenox IL I plowed 2-3 inches of driveway around 5:30 this morning. Still snowing at a good pace and starting to blow, wind is picking up. I am in Downers Grove IL now and there is probably a good 4-5 inches.
Supposed to get upwards of 12" by noon tomorrow. Although it is good to see snow, I wish it would all go North to the Northwoods.
I left Mokena Yesterday to head up north and beat the storm. I wish the entire storm would be north! Snow sucks for business down there and people (Businesses) are starving for it up here!

hermie

Around 6" so far in McHenry. Still coming down hard.love to see this spread out a lot more and go up north. There is a lot of effort in putting in the trails in northern IL and southern WI so it's going to be nice to see people out using the trails around here. I can't believe I am even thinking of doing this but I may head up to Saint Germain and grab the sleds and bring them back down here. I am hoping that the snow finds it way up there and trails open up there but if not may drag them down here. Never thought I would have to do that.

dfattack

Around 6" so far in McHenry. Still coming down hard.love to see this spread out a lot more and go up north. There is a lot of effort in putting in the trails in northern IL and southern WI so it's going to be nice to see people out using the trails around here. I can't believe I am even thinking of doing this but I may head up to Saint Germain and grab the sleds and bring them back down here. I am hoping that the snow finds it way up there and trails open up there but if not may drag them down here. Never thought I would have to do that.
according to weather reports up north should be getting plenty of snow towards the eastern half of the state.

whitedust

Blowing and snowing hard in Waterford , WI real time radar cuts off at Green Bay but that’s now. Attended club meeting last night Walworth county was been panned yesterday and with this current storm plans to open tonight or Saturday morning probably tonight but my word not official just a heads up. Imo speculation is over should be plenty of riding in WI just have to decide what’s best for you and how far you want to travel.

MKW

Been downgraded to a winter weather advisory now from a warning..🤦‍♂️looks like 2-3” here now around the Eau Claire area. Looks like the heavy snow will be mid to southern Wis from say Black River south and far eastern Wis to the north.

hermie

opened Walworth County, waiting on McHenry
Hopefully they hold off until tomorrow for McHenry. Let the cold come in first and firm it up. I think Walworth would of been smart to do the same thing. I am surprised Walworth opened they are normally smart about these kind of things

whitedust

Hopefully they hold off until tomorrow for McHenry. Let the cold come in first and firm it up. I think Walworth would have been smart to do the same thing. I am surprised Walworth opened they are normally smart about these kind of things
Actually very smart they knew no way sleds would stay off trails Friday so opened up. Firm enough to pan got a base frozen in and want sleds to hit it hard asap to keep wind blown snow on the trail. Probably won’t groom again until high winds calm down. All things considered I think it was a very good decision.

gkolar

Kenosha County trails remain closed 1/12, re-evaluating after temps drop on weekend. That's what our club (Twin Runners) has posted.

hermie

Kenosha County trails remain closed 1/12, re-evaluating after temps drop on weekend. That's what our club (Twin Runners) has posted.
Yeah they want the ground to firm up so it doesn't go straight down to mud. Wet snow and warm ground doesn't make for a good snowmobile trail.

hermie

Actually very smart they knew no way sleds would stay off trails Friday so opened up. Firm enough to pan got a base frozen in and want sleds to hit it hard asap to keep wind blown snow on the trail. Probably won’t groom again until high winds calm down. All things considered I think it was a very good decision.
Time will tell if all the trails are down to dirt tomorrow then it wasn't if not then it was. There is not any frost in the ground. Warm wet snow and warm ground underneath is never a good combination for making a good trail base. Hopefully the cold air last night firmed it all up because if not trails are going to stink. From the looks of things we will get just over a week of riding before it starts to melt. Just can't win this winter.

attakman

At 715 pm...2 inches in nokomis....we just aren't seeing squat out of this in north central Wisconsin...unless it totally dumps on us in the next couple of hours ...2 to 3 is gonna be it