John Dee was right

cummins

we packed up and left the Traverse City area and are now between Seney and GM. Decided to come up here while we are young enough too be able to establish ourselves. Plenty of work if you're willing.

Well, the first thing is that I'm one of the relative oddities at Tech without an engineering degree - instead having degrees from the School of Forestry and a bachelors in Statistics. Two months before graduation a company up here I had always been interested in posted a job. It turned out to be a great fit for both sides, so I started working there two weeks after graduation last May.

Although, what you mention isn't completely out of the ordinary. One of my current housemates spent nine months after leaving Tech working at Walmart & Applebees just because he loves the area so much. Was able to get a 3 month internship with one of the local engineering firms this past Spring, and since has been hired full-time.

Sounds great. I was at Wal-Mart when I graduated and my wife at The Bluffs. One of my friends stayed at Scherwin Williams just to stay.

Any way you did it thats great to do.

Willh

Willh- if you don't mind, the bride and I are thinking about a trip to the northeast this fall and would like any info you have for all the "must-sees" of that area. Probably fly into Boston and rent a car.

Most people who go there for fall, aka leaf peeping, tend to go to areas like Vermont, Northern NH, and western Maine. I actually disagree with this.

Everyone is familiar with the idea of fall colors and rolling hills/mountains. However, if you were to go to the midcoast region of Maine, essentially the area from Bath to Wiscasset to Rockport north to Belfast and inland towards around Gardiner. This area is epic for fall trips. You see great leaf colors, you see natural blueberry barrens and bogs and then lots of coastal villages and rocky coastline. It's totally different than anywhere else in New England.