Johndee website down?

whitedust

Noticed something similar. Must be going south?
Pattern has been storms to drift NW. Remember the storm of a generation bomb cyclone that dropped a terrible 2” on southern WI and IL. Lol Forget it storm will dump Northwest or Northern Wi and UPMI as usual. No good down here no frozen ground 40s next few days.

whitedust

Probably heading to Phelps area week after next, at least it looks like it will cool down a little
Up north that week too heard Vilas east is lean on snow and Phelps had a down groomer got stuck I believe in a swamp don’t know if they set up the detour or not? Please let me know what your hear we aborted that route but still time.

pclark

Was talking to the guy at Lakeland in Woodruff and he said that Polaris has definetly taken a backseat to Ski-Doo these days.

whitedust

uh oh what detour? Not too familiar with area
No problem you’ll see it if up by passes small swamp on 6 east. Takes you on plowed roads clearly marked. We went thru it just bumpy and a bit wet with holes but we were experienced with the trail.

whitedust

Was talking to the guy at Lakeland in Woodruff and he said that Polaris has definetly taken a backseat to Ski-Doo these days.
Idk better ask Indy about that? I think he bought doo best bang for the buck which was strange to hear I always thought Polaris gave you a lot of 2s sled for the money ie the Indy series.

indy_500

Idk better ask Indy about that? I think he bought doo best bang for the buck which was strange to hear I always thought Polaris gave you a lot of 2s sled for the money ie the Indy series.
Back in 2013-2018 the Indy 600 was an $8000 msrp sled, could be had as a leftover for $6000. The current Indy SP 650 is $13,000. A renegade 850 adrenaline is $13,900. In order to get an 850 Poo you have to jump up to Indy xc model which is $17,000. Indy xc is probably comparable to a Doo blizzard, which is $14,900 for their 850. Used to seem Poo was cheaper and they have now flip flopped…

On the trails, Doo definitely seems the most popular. Poo is a close second, not that far behind in my opinion. I don’t think a new Doo trail sled handles any better or worse than a new Poo trail sled. But, between dropping the ball on delivering their snow checks the last few years, 2019 being an epic fail on their 850 motor, and their current recall epidemic, Poo is really shooting them selves in the foot. They also can’t seem to figure out how to keep a jack shaft bearing in 1 piece in the new matryx chassis. Doo has them on engine reliability, and having smoother running engines that are better on fuel is definitely a bonus as well.

Poo is out front in the deep snow/mountain segment in the states a little though. Their sleds are the easiest to ride and lightest to maneuver doing that type of riding, and most are willing to sacrifice a little reliability to do cooler maneuvers and outclimb their buddies. Just my observation when pulling into parking lots out west the last few years…

whitedust

I wonder how the new AC Catalyst will stack up pricewise also using composites and designed to be very light for trail machines. I haven’t seen one but lots of written information and pictures. I’m not sure how much it matters anymore to be the lightweight champ?

pclark

Back in 2013-2018 the Indy 600 was an $8000 msrp sled, could be had as a leftover for $6000. The current Indy SP 650 is $13,000. A renegade 850 adrenaline is $13,900. In order to get an 850 Poo you have to jump up to Indy xc model which is $17,000. Indy xc is probably comparable to a Doo blizzard, which is $14,900 for their 850. Used to seem Poo was cheaper and they have now flip flopped…

On the trails, Doo definitely seems the most popular. Poo is a close second, not that far behind in my opinion. I don’t think a new Doo trail sled handles any better or worse than a new Poo trail sled. But, between dropping the ball on delivering their snow checks the last few years, 2019 being an epic fail on their 850 motor, and their current recall epidemic, Poo is really shooting them selves in the foot. They also can’t seem to figure out how to keep a jack shaft bearing in 1 piece in the new matryx chassis. Doo has them on engine reliability, and having smoother running engines that are better on fuel is definitely a bonus as well.

Poo is out front in the deep snow/mountain segment in the states a little though. Their sleds are the easiest to ride and lightest to maneuver doing that type of riding, and most are willing to sacrifice a little reliability to do cooler maneuvers and outclimb their buddies. Just my observation when pulling into parking lots out west the last few years…
I've never been an off trail guy and won't now because of age but your comments on the trail side of it are similiar to mine. Have a couple friends who just bought brand new Matryx so we'll see how they hold up. I bought my 2017 900 Ace Renegade last year and have been very happy with the performance and ride. Also just see a lot of more Skidoo on trails and in parking lots at trail stops.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just for the sake of argument, we've taken polls on JohnDee as to what everyone is riding and Polaris was consistently the favorite. But I agree we tend to see more Ski Doo on the trails, pit stops and gas stations.

The following was the last poll we took in Nov. of 2020.

What will you be riding this winter?​

• Arctic Cat​

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Polaris​

Votes: 58 38.2%
  • Ski Doo​

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • Yamaha​

Votes: 21 13.8%
  • Vintage​

Votes: 10 .7%

pclark

Maybe yer just noticing the doos more cause theys so brightly colored and fugglie
Mine is bright black, so it's stands right out! I have nothing against any other brands, I rode Polaris for years, before that Yamaha. Most brands have nice sleds these days.

old abe

As you recall old abe we were all diehard Yamaha big mile riders. Now 1 ace150 900t , 1 ace900t Mach, 1 doo 850 etec , 1 rented poo 650 and a AC Eltigre plus Jim on a doo too. Also I blew a rotator cuff so who knows how no eps will be for me? With time better mousetraps come along and Yamaha had a temporary partnership with AC that turned into their life blood. I feel bad for Pat’s definitely was/is a Yamaha shop definitely did their part for Yamaha.
I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you with your rotator cuff issue, as I also have that problem. Good luck, enjoy, and always be safe!

snoden

Just returned home from 6 days of riding the Western UP. Doo is most likely the most popular sled with Poo not far behind for sure but plenty of AC/Yamaha sleds out there as well.