John's graphic for the upcoming storm ...

SledTL

John, you seem to be a bit higher in snow totals than the NWS is saying. Do you think the water ratio is going to be higher?

MKW

Wondering the same thing?? The weather channel and the NWS has our area(Eau Claire WI) down for 12-14". John has us as 24" plus. Something I'm missing here??

whitedust

Wondering the same thing?? The weather channel and the NWS has our area(Eau Claire WI) down for 12-14". John has us as 24" plus. Something I'm missing here??
Seems John is combining storm accumulations idk his formulas for that seems to be averaging on the high side he’ll have to generalize methods for his his estimate I’m just guessing. All snowfalls have moisture content and the ever present settling factors as well.

indy_500

John’s yellow crayon is for storm totals COMBINED. Most news stations have said areas in 2-4, 3-5 range for TONIGHT and 8-12, 10-16, 12-18 range for THURSDAY…. Combine the higher ends and it puts you near 24”.

MKW

Yea...I got that. The NWS and Weather channel are saying12-14" Tues-Thurs. Guess we'll see who's the closest. Either way we should get something. Too bad its going to be March next week though. and not the first of January

old abe

For what it's worth MKW, our early AM local weather guru, showed a circled area, such as Twin Cities, Eau Claire area with Possible 24" plus? Not sure why he was showing that, seemed strange? He made the reference also to the H2O content to this storm in general. Locally we're fortunate to be below the Ice Storm area predicted, with 1" to 1.5" rain. If all our rain in this month of Feb. would have been snow, we would have a really deep accumulation on the ground. Perhaps 30" plus? My only wish is I were able to ride this winter.:(

old abe

We went up to West Central Sconny, several years back after the Huge snow fall, Durand, Whitehall, Osseo areas. Unreal deep snow conditions, groomers stuck, and unable to navigate the hills. Workhard Playhard can relate to that storm I'm sure. Many dairy farmers had collapsed barns, animal loses, and severe damage. Hope this storm doesn't have the damaging results like that one had.:unsure: