LaCrosse County Wisconsin

P

paul

Took my 14-year old's Cougar 550 out for a shake down on 12/12/2007. Started in Onalaska WI on the Great River State trail, north to Trempealeau, east to Galesville, east to North Bend and south to Holmen then back to Onalaska. Nice 80 mile ride, lots to see.

P

paul

60977.jpg

60978.jpg

E

eich

Glad to see you got it! Those are some nice pics! What for camera are you using? Pics are nice and clear. Post more if you have them.

P

paul

The camera is a Kodak EasyShare Z7590, it's a 3 or 4 year old model set on the auto mode. The Mississippi Valley has some great trails we just don't get enough snow to use them all the time. These are my best pics from that short ride but I will post some others tonight.

P

paul

Real good conditions on Wednesday the 12th. Real poor on Thursday night the 13th. The sun has killed the south side of the hills. Need more snow before I go again.

P

paul

Great River Trail
61059.jpg

Justin's Cougar
61060.jpg

Black River
61061.jpg

Cold bird
61062.jpg

Down Town North Bend
61063.jpg

P

paul

Paul,
If you wish you should go over to the LaCrosse County Alliance site and shoot Nancy Olson an email with the pics as she is looking for content for the site of the region.

Paul
Bangor Blizzard Busters club member

P

paul

OOPs, I was going to add that the sun on the south slopes is one of the reasons that we didn't have them groom from Burns to 4 Corners as we (the Bangor club) have alot of south facing slopes. I rode here in Barre on Wed and found the trails decent even without grooming, I bet they are nice out here after the groomer went through this morning, but I can't find out as both sleds are down at the moment.
sad.gif

P

paul

Paul: Didn't make it over to the 4 Corners area, sounds like I should have. I was around the Holmen area, lots of snert already. The Bike Trail is perfect. I will try to send pics to Nancy. Get those sleds fixed.

P

paul

Found a guy on Craigslist that has the parts I need, so I'm off to the T.C's after I post this (literally) then down to my buddies in Waukon. Relatively easy fix, I have an 84 Phazer and the motor went a couple of years ago on my first ride with it, so it has sat, but new motor at the end of last year so I've been breaking it in, well now I discovered that one of the skis is worn through and I'm not going to pay a 100 dollars for a new one when I'm looking for a newer sled. (Phazer will be the wife's and kid's sled)

P

paul

Paul: Did y brake-down in Holmen? Hows the bike trail east from LaX?

P

paul

No, I broke it about two hundred feet from home, but caught it when I offloaded the sled at my buddies in Waukon. I had noticed a noise coming from the sled, and when I got down there it pulled real bad.

Wed, the trail was looking good, I can't say today how it fared. I know the trail to St. Joe's is not looking bad considering it is a Saturday at least from the highway.

P

paul

Fancy that, I go over to the County site and your pictures are the first ones that come up!! Congrats and thanks!

Oh, got the sled home with a "new" ski only cost me 15 bucks and a drive to the cities.

T

tori

Any of you Lacrosse area people get into town and go to Johns bar on 3rd and state...ask for Guido!!
Hes my brother and will treat you right
happy.gif

his real name is Eric but hes known as Guido.
So glad to hear you can finally ride in that area.
My folks also live in Lacrosse and I have only rode that area once. ENJOY!!!

fcat700

Marry Christmas all. Hey Paul K., herd the groomer is in the shop. We tried to ride on Monday the 24th from Bangor to 4 Corners had 3-4 foot drifs but the bike trail was groomed, any word on when the groomer will be fixed?