Lake linden trail upday

mikes99ss

The last I knew they had finally secured funding to repair the trail to lake linden. Just wondering if they have started any of the construction or what the latest update is

mezz

From what I recall hearing this spring, they weren't going to start on this until August. I don't see anything much getting accomplished this year, I guess we'll have to play the wait & see game once again. It's a shame that this has been on the back burner for 4 years now.

eao

Can't read that article unless you are paid subscriber..

My info 2nd hand hearsay, culvert easements are in process.

Last edited:

mezz

Can't read that article unless you are paid subscriber..

My info 2nd hand hearsay, culvert easements are in process.
I am not a paid subscriber & I can read it, nonetheless, according to the article, "the engineering work is 90% complete" as of March 30th. Culvert easements are in the process, there are 168 of them that need replacement according to the article. "The work is to be bid out into six sections to make the work more manageable", according to the article, "If they were to bid it out in one package, there are only a couple of contractors in the UP big enough to take it on." The work is not suppose to start until this fall.....

mezz

Mike, I Googled MI DNR Trail Repairs 2022, It brought up a few items to open, one of them is "Engineering work nearing completion for DNRs Lake Linden...." yes, this is a link to the DMG article, though it did in fact open the article for me despite my not being a subscriber to the DMG, perhaps through that link it would be viewable for you.

ICT Sledder

If you're using chrome as a browser just right click and open as incognito. I just read the article that way.

Insane all of the ways that the government gets in the way of stuff like this with all of the additional permissions and reviews required. Can you imagine what that is going to be like to rebuild that road in Yellowstone that just took a major hit? Will be lucky to be re-opened within five years, and I'll bet the green forces that be will do their best just to close the road.

eao

Just heard that no trail work this year,

Western UP Trail Reports

·
LAKE LINDEN/ DOLLAR BAY UPDATE
As we all know we lost trail 3 from Dollar Bay to Lake Linden on Father's day 2018 due to high rains and flooding. This past winter I was told they might start on repairs this summer but unfortunately that is not going to happen this year. Below is an email I received today from the DNR with a current update.
The current timeline is for the full project bid package to go out later this fall for early construction next spring. There will not be any construction activity this year and the expectation is to have all work and trail connections re-established later next year.
JK

mezz

Thank you for the up-date, it figures though, we can't seem to catch a break. It will have been 5 years since the incident, it's truely a shame for it to be taking so long.....

ICT Sledder

Riders have adjusted to the Trail 3 closure from Dollar Bar to Lake Linden, but if Trail 3 stays closed south of Houghton due to the water main issue there's going to be some hotels and restaurants hurting. Might also be a GREAT year to be up there if you primarily ride north of the bridge.