Langlade, Oneida, Vilas trail conditions.

I agree that’s probably the motivation but peeps that travel up on old good to excellent conditions are going to be pissed. Just say conditions have deteriorated with warm up can’t get out to rate until after rain and warm up is over. But saying nothing and leaving week old or more good to excellent trail conditions is very misleading.
1676395125402.png

goofy600

At 7:55pm on Tuesday it is still 35-37 with light rain sense about 2:00pm I can’t imagine trails are very good and this evening watch at least 15 sleds cross Cisco lake and have seen many sleds all weekend and Monday and today. UP thunder riders have not been out grooming sense Friday, hoping to get them out tomorrow when temp finally drops below freezing to flatten and assess how bad they really are to see if we continue to groom or park until we get real snow.Bent’s Camp is supposed to have their radar run this weekend which will only make a bigger mess if we don’t get snow.

whitedust

At 7:55pm on Tuesday it is still 35-37 with light rain sense about 2:00pm I can’t imagine trails are very good and this evening watch at least 15 sleds cross Cisco lake and have seen many sleds all weekend and Monday and today. UP thunder riders have not been out grooming sense Friday, hoping to get them out tomorrow when temp finally drops below freezing to flatten and assess how bad they really are to see if we continue to groom or park until we get real snow.Bent’s Camp is supposed to have their radar run this weekend which will only make a bigger mess if we don’t get snow.
Lando updated Poor to Fair today and I was thinking Bents radar run had something to do with that. But not my call just a gut feeling. Lol.

goofy600

Well a little good news in the western UP still warm at around freezing but light snow starting to fall. Lake looks like hell with all kinds of gray on the lake, one big slush pit.

Tim in Indiana

It is 25 and things are freezing again in PI. The trails I have seen are like frozen slush. We have had a few very light flurries so far today and it is very windy but not enough new snow to help much.

Lakes are grey with standing water but it is freezing up.

Roads are mostly all bare or a little ice where they were shaded.

picbn

Cold won’t do any good without snow. Lakes and trails will be ice and/or frozen dirt. Road trails down to pavement/gravel. I left PI on Monday before rain and it was bad then.

racerx

Late last night the Vilas County Alliance voted to have Vilas Forestry, Recreation & Land Dept send out a PSA recommending not to ride the trails due to conditions, which those clubs in the alliance agreed to post on their Facebook pages. This is inline with the 10oclock news where the Eagle River club was suggesting to halt riding but stopped at saying it is a Vilas County PSA. So check the Facebook pages, I was notified it is on the Frosty Facebook (I could not verify as not on Facebook)

dfattack

I don't mean to rub it in but out in West Yellowstone and Island park there is more snow than I have ever seen in my life! Holy Cow! Hearing all these crappy reports back home makes me appreciate the decision we made to come out here and the timing...sounds to have been perfect. First time ever for me and won't be the last. Wish all of you have the opportunity one day to make the trip out west. Highly recommend it.

I don't mean to rub it in but out in West Yellowstone and Island park there is more snow than I have ever seen in my life! Holy Cow! Hearing all these crappy reports back home makes me appreciate the decision we made to come out here and the timing...sounds to have been perfect. First time ever for me and won't be the last. Wish all of you have the opportunity one day to make the trip out west. Highly recommend it.
Was to Island Park a few years ago, we had a guide to help with off trail riding due to avalanche issues.
Beautiful country .
If people really want to off trail this is the place to be!!
Enjoy your trip.

old abe

Island Park area is our favorite spot. My son has a good friend who farms with his uncle SW of there in Idaho. I surely hope you enjoy your stay, and have a safe trip home!

Last edited: