Let's go Vikings!

ezra

going to be a tough one the pack deff have something to prove after the last humiliating spanking

jebjk1

The Vikings always have such a hard time against the Pack. I think their latest record at Lambeau is 1-10-1. Ugh. Time for a win!!

ezra

The Vikings always have such a hard time against the Pack. I think their latest record at Lambeau is 1-10-1. Ugh. Time for a win!!

I think historically from the start of the franchise the pack have the Vikings by like 9 wins or something like that . sea hawks are going to be tough would have been better to loose to the pac but then the vikes could not continue with the honored tradition of 1 and done in the playoffs

D

Deleted member 10829

The Seahawks are one of the hottest teams in the league and will be tough, but I'd rather have won the Division and take our chances with Seattle. It did look like the Vikings were trying to lose the game there towards the end! LOL Who would have ever guessed the Vikes would have won the division after week 6 of the season? It's been a great turnaround in just 2 years, but they do have a ways to go. I think they finally have a good coach!

groomerdriver

Congrats to the Vikings! I'm a lifelong Packer fan but I am sick and tired of McCarthy's "we'll clean it up" talk and Ted Thompson WASTING ARod's talent through his "draft and develop" MO. It's never taken much to win the NFC North (no disrespect intended) in the past several years.

I'm afraid it's going to be "one and done" for both teams.

G

G

The Seahawks are one of the hottest teams in the league and will be tough, but I'd rather have won the Division and take our chances with Seattle. It did look like the Vikings were trying to lose the game there towards the end! LOL Who would have ever guessed the Vikes would have won the division after week 6 of the season? It's been a great turnaround in just 2 years, but they do have a ways to go. I think they finally have a good coach!

Yes they finally have a good coach. The only way they beat Seattle is if it is about 10 below with a wind and Seattle just folds up. Could happen. If I were Spielman in the off season I would replace the entire offensive line. They all suck. Then I would find another 360 lb DT to play along side Joseph. Get what you can for Cordarelle the idiot. Trade Peterson while he is still worth something. Mckinnon and Asiata can get the job done plus they can pass block. Drop the expensive and invisible Wallace. The Vikes could have a lot of money for free agency. Buy the pieces you can't draft. They are about 2 years away.

whitedust

Lots more upside with the Vikings than the Pack in playoffs but the Seahawks????.... give me a break they are very hot right now. Other teams have Coach Ms offense figured out and Washington can beat them....very doable but close game.

timo

everyones so high on the seahawks and all but they just lost to the Rams at home 14 days ago,,,, and the Rams suck!!

the pack has a better chance of beating the skins on the road than beating the Vikings at home.
don't matter though they aren't in it for the long haul.

Lots more upside with the Vikings than the Pack in playoffs but the Seahawks????.... give me a break they are very hot right now. Other teams have Coach Ms offense figured out and Washington can beat them....very doable but close game.

G

G

The Pack just lost at home to a team that passed for 99 yards and whose star running back put up 67 yards. The Pack also won the turnover battle in yesterday's game. I see no reason to feel the least bit optimistic about Green Bay's chances against Washington at Washington. They will probably get spanked worse than the Vikings.

I don't like either team, but the Packers especially McCarthy and Ted Thompson are pathetic! They put **** out year after year that are simply patches in their holes that need to be filled. Hope they lose Sunday.

timo

yah year after year they put up ******?!?!
Go back to bed.

I don't like either team, but the Packers especially McCarthy and Ted Thompson are pathetic! They put **** out year after year that are simply patches in their holes that need to be filled. Hope they lose Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really not too optimistic either.

The Pack just lost at home to a team that passed for 99 yards and whose star running back put up 67 yards. The Pack also won the turnover battle in yesterday's game. I see no reason to feel the least bit optimistic about Green Bay's chances against Washington at Washington. They will probably get spanked worse than the Vikings.

srt20

What do you guys want the packers to do? Fired McCarthy and Thompson? Then what? Get the scraps from the Browns? Maybe get Chip Kelly?

You cannot win the SB if you don't make the playoff. What team has made the playoffs more than the packers during Mc/Thompson tenure? Only the Patriots. That's it. Nobody else.

Yes, I agree they have a lot of needs. Obviously better WRs, and more depth at WR. O-line help, along with Jenny Craig for Lacy.

I disagree about free agency. How did that work out for the Bears, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, etc?
Patriots plug and patch through FA, but they don't get big names to big contracts. The Broncos have done well in FA, but let's see how good they are in a year or two when it comes time to pay the piper.

Seahawks? Draft and develop, same strategy as packers. How's that working out for them? Looks pretty darn good don't it? Vikings? Young team built from the draft. Yeah, I think the Vikes might be the real deal soon.

I know everybody has an opinion on what works, and I agree I am frustrated that we don't have more SB wins in with Rodgers here. But IMO this is what works. You cannot win the SB if you don't make the playoffs.

G

G

The biggest reason the Pats and the Packers have been in the playoffs so much is that the divisions they play in have both been pathetic for the last decade. Somebody has to win the division. Pack has a pile of injuries this year - again. So do the Pats for that matter. Sometimes there just gets to be too many injuries and even Brady/Rodgers can't find a way. I doubt very much if the Pats are going far this post season either. Both the Pats and the Packers have very high expectations every year and so do their fans. It just doesn't work that way.

bigvin

Well said srt20.

Just one question,... Do the Packers Haters really Hate the Pack?,... or just the way "some" of the Stupid fans are?
As a Packers Fan,...(First,...then an NFC North fan,...) I (we) just come to expect better play,...
So, when they look like crap,... I am not a fair weather fan when I complain on how crappy they are,... just speaking the
truth! I work with a couple of youngin's who NEVER seek the Packers look horrible,..
so THEY get heart broken and Defend Every little thing with an excuse,... and claim I am on or off the bandwagon.
They weren't around for All those 4-12 seasons and 8-8 bla ones.

Something is fishy in the water. McCarthy doesn't act ticked off like he used to during the press conferences,... and Rodgers spends to
much time coming up with little sly remarks and hidden messages in HIS conferences,...
What ever the deal,... What we see is what we get!!

I could see the building of the Vikings as a future very good team the first time I saw how the new coaching staff was operating,...
The Bears,... They too will also be very good in the near future,... The Lions? Never spend enough time letting things grow,...
Everytime the soup is too bland,... they throw it out instead of flavoring it so to speak. Almost like the Browns,...
Looking for the quick fix now,.. and when it doesn't happen,... shoot everyone! Yikes.

The Packers have something special. Always will. You will NEVER find a professional program in ANY sport that is unique as THEIR situation,...
Just the way it is. That is why people from All over the World come there to see it. Like some kind of Mecca. Pretty cool no matter what you say.
But the die hards see things come and go,.. it is just that The Packers have been on the UP side for quite a long time now,.. and maybe us fans
are spoiled? So it is ok to complain about their poor performances when one expects better,....
Maybe the NORTH is going to be the next Powerhouse? with a competitive Champ up for grabs every other year? Good for that! Good for football!!

Don't think either team is going far,... but on any given Sunday? who knows?
Pack won the Superbowl in 2010 as a 6th seed. (a much hungrier team though),... and the Only reason they MADE the playoffs,..
was because of a Punt return by Philidelphia in a game that Green Bay had NO control of!
If Philly would have lost,... Green Bay would not have even made the playoffs!

Ya just never know!

Go NFC NORTH!

May the Vikings beat the Seahawks,... The Pack beat Washington,....
The Vikes Beat Arizona,... and the Pack Beat Carolina!
Then the Re-match IN Minnesota for the NFC!!!!

wake up vin! wake up! LOL!

THINK * SNOW!!

:)

just sayin',.....

srt20

The biggest reason the Pats and the Packers have been in the playoffs so much is that the divisions they play in have both been pathetic for the last decade. Somebody has to win the division. Pack has a pile of injuries this year - again. So do the Pats for that matter. Sometimes there just gets to be too many injuries and even Brady/Rodgers can't find a way. I doubt very much if the Pats are going far this post season either. Both the Pats and the Packers have very high expectations every year and so do their fans. It just doesn't work that way.

I disagree. Since 06-07 season, out of 19 teams to have played in the NFC championship games, 6 of the have been from NFC north. GB-3 Chi-2 MN-1.
Jets went to AFC championship game in back to back years.

I'm not going to look back at a bunch of stats, but IMO, the NFC north has been one of the best for making playoffs.