Lets look at the good side...

dab102999

At least the complaining about the trail sticker price has gone down!!!

Should be a lot less snowmobile accidents this year!!!

Type of oil you use don't mean crap this year!!!!!

any more?????

skutr

I don't have to buy new carbides next winter. The ones I bought THIS year are still in the package.

lesledhead

At least the complaining about the trail sticker price has gone down!!!

Should be a lot less snowmobile accidents this year!!!

Type of oil you use don't mean crap this year!!!!!

any more?????

Actually, almost everyone is getting a lot less miles for their $45, so that's not making it any easier to swallow. I got just two rides in for my $45. Not complaining (anymore), just hoping for at least one more ride.

Accidents and deaths are actually up this year due to heavy traffic where there is snow. Too many sleds on just a few trails. Too many people too anxous to get out and ride.

Yep, my one gallon of oil should last me all winter.

On the really good side, my heating bills are half of what they were last winter!

Also, I just pulled a bunch of fresh carrots out of my garden that I never pulled last summer. Still had green tops and were very crispy and good!

Last edited:

slimcake

I got 700 miles on..... In one week. :-( I have been averaging 3000 miles a season for the last 4 years. The ol'boys say we will get all of our winter in march... Time will tell.

eyeman

150 miles. $45. $0.30 per mile. Not bad considering the Federal tax mileage reimbursement is over $0.50 per mile. Oh!!!; that's just the green sticker, I forgot about room and board, booze, fuels, etc....:) Gotta luv our sport.

windingtrailgal

More extra special quality time with the wife and kids at home???? :D

Caught up on all the TV shows you never get to watch in the winter?

-Hoping that this winter will lead me to a leftover 2012 sled next fall at a good discount
-I've used far less salt (2 pallets vs 10 at this time last winter)

polarisrider1

"Stand up riding" threads are down in number on Johndee.com

I suspect us stand uppers are the only ones riding. We don't need no "Mr. Fancy Pants" trails that are groomed to perfection. Six days of 3' to 6' of powder riding tuckers me out. 600 miles with 30 hrs. On sled. Heck I am averaging 20 mph with my 800. That is a little fast for off trail riding.