Lock em up!

macker

good insurance is a MUST have IMO
Crooks today can defeat chains and cables as if they ain;t there,
heck up in Canada, I know a few folks that had whole truck and trailers stolen over night parked outside there hotel door?

I never locked mine up to date in the USA< but yrs back we did in Canada , do to so many being stolen all the time

personally, I try to park mine always back in trailer, if nothing, to keep new snow off it! and allow for maybe a little warmer place to melt some snow off!

NOW I will add this

BUT IF you leave your KEY in a sled, and it gets stolen, I BET< its the same as if you leave a KEY in a VEHICLE
99% of all insurance company's will NOT cover the theft, blaming you for it instead!
called negligence ! LOL
SO< if you do this and it gets stolen, DON"T mention where you left the key!

yrs back when so many sleds all used the SAME key, it didn;t matter but now a days, why give a INS company a reason to screw you, we already pay too much for coverage IMO!

You could not be more incorrect on the insurance part. Insurance companies cover negligence, stupidity, etc.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

We used to,but when you have a 4.5 year old sled with over 13,000 miles on it a thief would be doing us a favor stealing our "worthless" (according to a dealer on trade) sleds.....LOL..

scoot

We locked em up when we used to stay at motels. And had spare belts, tools and plugs stolen instead. One of the guys had a trailer ramp stolen.

sjb

Last year lost a wheel on my sled and would have damaged the track if I continued to drive as is. I jumped on the back of my buddies sled, and luckily, we were only about 5 miles away from the truck and trailer. It took us about 45 minutes to get back to my sled as there was not a direct plowed road we could travel to get back, so the sled was not left all that long, and middle of the day. Sure enough, some thug went into my tunnel bag and stole everything. Was about $650 worth of gear. Still sour about it.

I try to lock up in my trailer if I can, or take the key and tunnel bag in if at a hotel. At cabins not right off the trail, no concerns. At a restaurant, no worries.