Looking for a 72pitch chain

motor_slut

Well I don't really think you could teach me much but I'll listen if you want to give it a try.

Dealers usually never order anything but factory Part #'s none of which translate to any aftermarket #'s, so I guess thats why you have not heard the term 3/4".

If you go to any aftermarket supplier you'll find the info I'm talking about. HYVO always goes by 3/4". Maybe you should go to any Polaris parts lookup and read the desciption for this particular application (YOU might actually learn something).

Let me guess, your a Cat Master Tech?

And that's why Trailshredder and Indy500 look like idiots. I can only assume that Trailshredder works at Spicers.

And that's why Trailshredder and Indy500 look like idiots. I can only assume that Trailshredder works at Spicers.

Nope....guess again:) Yer beatin' a dead horse guys. Chill out and help other people out with there tech questions....this ones gettin old. Motor Slut can you say Xanax??? It will help you control your emotions.

Last edited:

motor_slut

Nope....guess again:) Yer beatin' a dead horse guys. Chill out and help other people out with there tech questions....this ones gettin old. Motor Slut can you say Xanax??? It will help you control your emotions.

No but I can say that you are completely retarded. FYI you can not interchange silent chain gears and chains with HYVO gears and chains they will not work. The HYVO chains and gears have a different gear profile than the old silent chain. Sure YOU might get it to work but it will be noisy and wear out very fast.

Please stop posting bunk information.

mikedrh

Kinda get the feeling, trailshredder, you think I'm somehow attacking you on this deal or maybe questioning your talent but thats not the case.

It's really pretty simple. The HYVO chain goes by 3/4" and the old silent chain goes by the number of plates. What part of that offended you?

Kinda get the feeling, trailshredder, you think I'm somehow attacking you on this deal or maybe questioning your talent but thats not the case.

It's really pretty simple. The HYVO chain goes by 3/4" and the old silent chain goes by the number of plates. What part of that offended you?

No sir not at all. All is good bud. Its a dead horse.

I run a shop that works on all makes and models. I have learned that even though a sled might come stock with a certain sized chain doesn't meen that is what is on the sled now. The customer could be the 3rd owner (and owner 1 or 2 could have changed some things) of a certain sled and so counting the plates is the easiest way to determan exactly what size chain is on the sled. When diagnosing over the phone or internet it is important to ask these questions or you could be sitting on a lot of parts you don't need. I am aware of the HYVO 3/4" measurement but like I say it's just easier to diagnos and/or order a customer parts if they can tell you the width with the number of plates. You can never assume.

Last edited:

motor_slut

at least our usernames aren't motor_slut :p

Yep it's self descriptive of the reason I own 2 motorcycles, 4 snowmobiles, 2 jeeps, 1 car, and used to have a boat, Jet-ski and other money holes with motors. I had to sell some stuff to buy another garage to store it all in.

I can't see how thats even relevant to me being wiser than you both about drive chains.

Yep it's self descriptive of the reason I own 2 motorcycles, 4 snowmobiles, 2 jeeps, 1 car, and used to have a boat, Jet-ski and other money holes with motors. I had to sell some stuff to buy another garage to store it all in.

I can't see how thats even relevant to me being wiser than you both about drive chains.

Don't get all shook up motor slut...it is obvious you have had your hands on some motors in your life. We can all learn from each other.....you just need to learn how to listen as well as give your opinion. Again...this one is a dead hourse. Continue to help people here on tech talk.....there is no doubt people appreciate your opinion. All is good.