Looking for advice/opinions

rph130

After 20 years, I have decided to update one of my reserve/guest snowmobiles. It is a 2003 SkiDoo MXZ Sport 600. It has the 1+1 seat that has served us well while the kids were growing up and when guests came to our cabin. I will be placing a spring order for a SkiDoo Grand Touring soon. The question I am putting out there is do I go with the 600 ACE or the 900 Ace? Im a fan of the 4 stroke as I'm riding a '21 Renegade with the 600 ACE. I know price difference is more than a thousand for the bigger motor but I am worried that the 600 isn't enough for a sled that will be primarily used for 2 people. Any advice or opinions out there would be greatly appreciated. Also, trade-in or sell outright the '03 MXZ thoughts. It has 4500 miles on it, never trailered, well maintained and garage kept. Thanks.

snobuilder

@ $1000 difference, why does a smart profitable co. like Ski Doo bother with the 600 ACE? I don't even think it is desirable in the rental fleets?

rph130

Thank you to everyone that replied. Placed my order this morning for the new Grand Touring and went with the 900 ACE. As hybrid said, there is no replacement for displacement and even though my "go fast" days are behind me, I felt the 600 ACE would be a little under-powered for that sled with two riders. I'm excited about my new toy but feel like an old man for ordering my first ever two-up.