Looking For Boondockers/Mountain Riders From Indiana

skeedoo

Who on this site is from Indiana and into offtrail U.P & mountain riding out west? I am looking to form another riding group. I like groups of 3-4 people. I prefer trustworthy, responsible, safe, avalanche trained (w/beacons,probes,ect), technical riders that don't at all mind helping someone out if stuck or just want to learn something new. Remember if something goes wrong in the mountains/backcountry you are only as stong as your weekest link - that won't be me. Its hard to find Indiana guys that are hard core into sledding - we just don't get good snow around here. My reason for getting another group together is I have alot of flexiblity in the winter and most people I know have a hard time getting off at short notice to chase large snow storms. The only way to guarantee good riding conditions is to have the ability to go when the big dumps happen (keep in mind that you don't have to have the flexibilty in your schedule to make this group happen). If your not into getting together to ride then at least lets get a group of hard core Indiana guys together to have a beer or 2 and shoot the bull. You may ask who is Skeedoo... I am super laid back, have alot of sled knowledge both in U.P and out west, am always willing to help someone out and don't mind being the leader in a group. If any of this sounds good to you give me a call...
*Oh you don't have to be from Indiana to ride with me, I'm just looking for someone that will travel from same general starting point. Also I have a big trailer that will fit 3 longtrack sleds in it.
Chris Walker
317-727-8432
www.indianafishingadventures.com (website for one of my businesses-can see who I am)

langwood

Ha Chris, it's Dave from trail clean up! I have a flexible winter as well so I can hook up where ever the snow flying!! We can split the room or cabin. Give me a call or text so we can get something going for around T.day.
Pat,Red,and Robbie are up for somewhere. Bring on the snow so we can get that freeride broken in?
Have a good one!
Langwood ...

Firecatguy

Ha Chris, it's Dave from trail clean up! I have a flexible winter as well so I can hook up where ever the snow flying!! We can split the room or cabin. Give me a call or text so we can get something going for around T.day.
Pat,Red,and Robbie are up for somewhere. Bring on the snow so we can get that freeride broken in?
Have a good one!
Langwood ...

sounds good to me.....braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Hoosier

Skeedoo - I live in Fishers. I normally ride with a couple of guys that live in NW Indiana/Southsuburbs of Chicago (I grew up in the region). We get up north around twice a season. Ride mostly on trails, a little off. Been out West once (Tog area), had a great time and are thinking about going again. Finding time and money to ride is more of a challenge than anything else (have a young family).

I also like fishing! My family goes to Ontario or Manitoba once every few years or so to one of a few fly in places. I've seen your website before...looks like you have some fun doing that also...

cuzzinolaf

Chris - Don't forget about me. I still have your card from the trail clean up and think we have a similar riding style. Not sure if you plan to use your F150 to tow the trailer but my diesel would always be available if we go together.

doospunk

Chris - Don't forget about me. I still have your card from the trail clean up and think we have a similar riding style. Not sure if you plan to use your F150 to tow the trailer but my diesel would always be available if we go together.[/QUOTrl

Man..........., you really sound like that desparate girl that always came in second Keith!! haha!

cuzzinolaf

Chris - Don't forget about me. I still have your card from the trail clean up and think we have a similar riding style. Not sure if you plan to use your F150 to tow the trailer but my diesel would always be available if we go together.

Man..........., you really sound like that desparate girl that always came in second Keith!! haha!

I made the trail clean up (you didn't), I made it up to the UP several times this summer/fall (you didn't) and I have more trips planned this year than you do. Who is the second place female?

Oh yea... I ride a Arctic Cat and.... you guessed it. You don't. Girls ride Ski-Doo LOL.

I have a sticker I picked up just for you that will find its way to your sled this season.

skeedoo

Hey Cuzz... I think we'll definetly have some decent riding time together this year. I know the Jan. Snowy's thing plus I would bet I'll be dragging you to some places in the Keweenaw or other parts of the U.P/Lower(if you don't mind breaking out of your normal area a bit). I hope my GPS will act like a autopilot and make my truck drive north instead of west some... both drives for me are long so distance doesn't matter.

Oh about the truck... you called my F-250 a F-150 in the earlier post, I think my truck may have taken offense to that, hope she drives good now!! I also have a Tahoe Z-71 that I use to tow with but they are not a diesel, dang-it.

Anyway, I have always found the deepest snow ridable in the Keweenaw/UP/Lower Michigan for opener on Dec. 1 so lets just stay in contact. Last year it was right where we have a condo around Alanson/Indian River Michigan, just south of the Mackinaw Bridge. They got pounded for 3 days straight!! I think I remember a post sometime last year where Polarisrider1 rode the same snow. No bull, there was area's of 2 1/2-3 feet of freshy to ride on opener in the Lower, right out my condo door!!! If I can find the pics from that trip I'll post them. Looking forward to riding with some new folks this year!!

meathead

CHRIS; Ridin the U|P

Who on this site is from Indiana and into offtrail U.P & mountain riding out west? I am looking to form another riding group. I like groups of 3-4 people. I prefer trustworthy, responsible, safe, avalanche trained (w/beacons,probes,ect), technical riders that don't at all mind helping someone out if stuck or just want to learn something new. Remember if something goes wrong in the mountains/backcountry you are only as stong as your weekest link - that won't be me. Its hard to find Indiana guys that are hard core into sledding - we just don't get good snow around here. My reason for getting another group together is I have alot of flexiblity in the winter and most people I know have a hard time getting off at short notice to chase large snow storms. The only way to guarantee good riding conditions is to have the ability to go when the big dumps happen (keep in mind that you don't have to have the flexibilty in your schedule to make this group happen). If your not into getting together to ride then at least lets get a group of hard core Indiana guys together to have a beer or 2 and shoot the bull. You may ask who is Skeedoo... I am super laid back, have alot of sled knowledge both in U.P and out west, am always willing to help someone out and don't mind being the leader in a group. If any of this sounds good to you give me a call...
*Oh you don't have to be from Indiana to ride with me, I'm just looking for someone that will travel from same general starting point. Also I have a big trailer that will fit 3 longtrack sleds in it.
Chris Walker
317-727-8432
www.indianafishingadventures.com (website for one of my businesses-can see who I am)

Dont know when in Jan\ Feb but iI would like to join you & others in the U|P. But I keep my sled in Minoqua area and dont have a trailer but always would put in for gas& etc.MEATHEAD

cuzzinolaf

Hey Cuzz... I think we'll definetly have some decent riding time together this year. I know the Jan. Snowy's thing plus I would bet I'll be dragging you to some places in the Keweenaw or other parts of the U.P/Lower(if you don't mind breaking out of your normal area a bit). I hope my GPS will act like a autopilot and make my truck drive north instead of west some... both drives for me are long so distance doesn't matter.

Oh about the truck... you called my F-250 a F-150 in the earlier post, I think my truck may have taken offense to that, hope she drives good now!! I also have a Tahoe Z-71 that I use to tow with but they are not a diesel, dang-it.

Anyway, I have always found the deepest snow ridable in the Keweenaw/UP/Lower Michigan for opener on Dec. 1 so lets just stay in contact. Last year it was right where we have a condo around Alanson/Indian River Michigan, just south of the Mackinaw Bridge. They got pounded for 3 days straight!! I think I remember a post sometime last year where Polarisrider1 rode the same snow. No bull, there was area's of 2 1/2-3 feet of freshy to ride on opener in the Lower, right out my condo door!!! If I can find the pics from that trip I'll post them. Looking forward to riding with some new folks this year!!

I'm game for whatever. I know the Rockland/Mass/Twin Lakes area pretty well but am always open for new spots if you don't mind a tag along. I'm also up for a trip west instead of North if my schedule allows. I didn't go west last year so wouldn't mind 3 trips (two planed as of now).

I keep forgetting it is a F250. Apologize to your truck for me. However you want to roll is good with me. I was just offering up my truck.

2 1/2 feet of fresh is good with me wherever it is. Do you have my number?

skeedoo

Found the pics. Not bad for the first part of December in Lower Michigan. Yep I've got you in my cell phone.

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 085.jpg
    Picture 085.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 52

cmharcou

We must of been up there the same time as you last year. We went to Indian River and the snow was really deep the 1st week of Dec.

Attachments

• 101_3527.jpg
    101_3527.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 101_3584.jpg
    101_3584.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 101_3589.jpg
    101_3589.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 101_3596.jpg
    101_3596.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

SPOR

Hey Skeedoo,
I'm also from the area, Fishers to be exact. I'm not sure what this season of riding is looking like for me, but I would like to talk about some possible options, or just trade some stories.
I've been riding for many years, primarily western UP, but I've never been out west to ride the steep and deep. The more I hear about it, and see pictures of the west, the more I want to go. The group of guys I used to ride with has dwindled down to 1 or 2, pretty sad. I could never talk them into going out west though.