Looking for some info on Handle bar muffs

whitedust

My son carried the muffs last year but never used them. He tried them once but didn't like how restricted he felt. Personal choice I get it. I for one lean toward what others said. Taller windshield for more protection. I have the adjustable. I use O2 helmet and can get warm on warmer days so I lower windshield to help cool things off. On colder days up it goes. I don't care what it looks like. I have tried numerous gloves over the years and the ONLY gloves I like are the full leather gloves. They seem to transfer the heat to the hands much better. So in my experience a combination of proper wind protection along with good gloves you should be OK even when it's cold out. I was out with Whitedust once the first year he bought his enduro and we split at the end of the day. It was extremely cold. My hands were colder that day when taking a break than at any other time. Once I started riding home gloves heated up again. Muffs may have helped but it was only for the first 15 -20 mins or so then hands were fine. Not a bad idea to have them along just in case. Not sure but once you have frost bite I think you will be more sensitive to getting it again. Could be wrong.
It was cold that day and dropping when we split I had the stock medium windshield and the stock heated seat warmed my bottom half. Lol Next day I had Ben put on the adjustable ultra high windshield love it!

goofy600

Paul, Ski-Doo has a new version of gauntlets that are supposed to be a little more open than original take a look at them they list for about $110. Just info haven’t seen or used them.

ICT Sledder

You have to first figure out if you want the type where your hands actually go inside the muffs, or the type that just poke a massive hole in the air like comically big handguards.

My Dad struggles a lot with cold hands. He has the Klims (hands fit inside) and they really do the trick for him. I don’t like them because of the way they obscure the controls while riding, but that’s a personal thing.

I have a pair of the big en’s that look a bit like Mickey ears for sleds. They’re Cat units that slide over Cat handguards, so probably not much help to you. They work for me on cold days.

Tim in Indiana

Paul,
I have the skidoo muffs on a couple sleds if you would like to see them before buying something. Just a few miles away in PI if you're interested. I'm up for about a week longer.

garageguy

Just took my cheapies off my old sled. They roll up and fit behind the gage pod in my new sled for storage. I usually left them on and drove with mechanics gloves even in the coldest weather.