Lost another great guy

peppermill

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting the loss of another great guy. Jeff Koppelman known a 4Kops on this site has passed away from covid. 2 great guys in 2 1/2 months. My husband Darrell & now Jeff. Darrell & Jeff were good friends. Prayers to Jeff's family. RIP my dear friend.

Last edited:

old abe

So very sorry to hear of this. May the Lord Bless who morn. I can't help but wonder, had they been vaccinated? Hearing more, and more now of non vaccinated deaths occurring.

peppermill

So very sorry to hear of this. May the Lord Bless who morn. I can't help but wonder, had they been vaccinated? Hearing more, and more now of non vaccinated deaths occurring.
  I don't know if Jeff was vaccinated or not but I do know Darrell was vaccinated but he did not die from co-vid. He had lung cancer.<br>
<br>

WorkHardPlayHrd

Great guy. Was instrumental to the work done for the John Dee Stimulus project. Wish I had been able to meet him in person. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

bayfly

Great guy. Was instrumental to the work done for the John Dee Stimulus project. Wish I had been able to meet him in person. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Yes, Jeff seemed like a standup guy who I had the pleasure to meet too, but only virtually, through the John Dee Stimulus Project. He was passionate about supporting businesses that supported the trail system. He donated countless hours toward the Project, as well as his own financial contributions. I had planned to meet him at the Roseneau Bar on our last ride of the season, but our plans got changed so I never did get to meet him in person. Damn. He struck me as one of those genuine folks who said what he thought, made lots of friends, and enjoyed life to the fullest. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP, Jeff.

kip

This is just horrible. Damn it!! Jeff was a awesome friend and customer. He was so caring and we were lucky to have him recreate in the U.P. This sucks! RIP Jeff. You will be missed my friend. Prayers to the family. Thanks for posting this Cindy.

euphoric1

Served with him on the John Dee stimulus project, this is very sad news, thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and loved ones

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting the loss of another great guy. Jeff Koppelman known a 4Kops on this site has passed away from covid. 2 great guys in 2 1/2 months. My husband Darrell & now Jeff. Darrell & Jeff were good friends. Prayers to Jeff's family. RIP my dear friend.

So sad and an avoidable death. My deepest sympathies to the family.

I wasn't going to post anything at first, but I think a few things need to be said. I'm making the assumption that Jeff was not vaccinated based on posts made on this site. It blows my mind why folks continue to resist the vaccine. In Houghton County there have been 47 covid deaths and 3 in the last week. I wish when there was an obit in the paper they would say died of covid instead of saying died after a short illness, and maybe more folks would wake up and get the vaccine.

This is in no way a political post, but an encouragement to get vaccinated. Again my deepest sympathies.

I believe this is his obit.
https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/wi/brookfield/jeffrey-koppelman-13385308

https://www.krausefuneralhome.com/obituary/jeffrey-koppelman/

Last edited:

indy_500

So sad and an avoidable death. My deepest sympathies to the family. <br>
<br>
I wasn't going to post anything at first, but I think a few things need to be said. I'm making the assumption that Jeff was not vaccinated based on posts made on this site. It blows my mind why folks continue to resist the vaccine. In Houghton County there have been 47 covid deaths and 3 in the last week. I wish when there was an obit in the paper they would say died of covid instead of saying died after a short illness, and maybe more folks would wake up and get the vaccine.<br>
<br>
This is in no way a political post, but an encouragement to get vaccinated. Again my deepest sympathies.<br>
<br>
I believe this is his obit.<br>
<a href="https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/wi/brookfield/jeffrey-koppelman-13385308" target="_blank">https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/wi/brookfield/jeffrey-koppelman-13385308</a><br>
<br>
<a href="https://www.krausefuneralhome.com/obituary/jeffrey-koppelman/" target="_blank">https://www.krausefuneralhome.com/obituary/jeffrey-koppelman/</a>
<br>
<br><br>wow, how disrespectful...

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I just would like to keep the posts on this thread on topic, meaning more of a eulogy, rather than go off into opinions that have been discussed ad nauseum in the past year.<br><br>I really should have started with MP's and deleted everything below his first sentence and above the obit listings.<br><br>The rest, in my opinion, did not belong here.<br><br>-John<br><br>-John

russholio

I just would like to keep the posts on this thread on topic, meaning more of a eulogy, rather than go off into opinions that have been discussed ad nauseum in the past year.<br><br>I really should have started with MP's and deleted everything below his first sentence and above the obit listings.<br><br>The rest, in my opinion, did not belong here.<br><br>-John<br><br>-John

I get that and fully agree. I'm sorry I didn't convey it as tactfully as you did.

kip

Yeah it is disrespectful and tasteless. I'll gladly say it, MIDWEST YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'm a family member and read that unvaxed or not you're gonna hear from me. The word avoidable is where you piss me off pal.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Yeah it is disrespectful and tasteless. I'll gladly say it, MIDWEST YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'm a family member and read that unvaxed or not you're gonna hear from me. The word avoidable is where you piss me off pal.

Agree, completely. I don't care how he died though his family is in a world of hurt no matter the cause. Spent a few months working with him and others on this site for a good cause. He was thoughtful, considerate, and cared about others. That's what matters. The way he treated other people while here with us.

kip

Got that right WorkHardPlayHrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bunch of obtuse people that think their crap don't stink and know it all!! Sick of it!!!!

snobuilder

Yes the Trump fast tracked vaccine might have kept him alive. But then again you can't always be sure that a death listed as a covid death is true at all so bringing up the vaccine while folks are trying to remember a really good UP citizen is an expert troll move in the worse sense of the word troll.
RIP

Last edited: