M8000 141"

ac600sp

Anyone have a M8000 141". Trying to track one down. 90% of my riding is in upper Michigan backwoods . I only ride trails to and from play spots. Could the sled me ridden on a trail in Minnesota if need be? I know it has a short rear cooler. Just curious on what people think of them. I'd like to go out west once a year but I don't want a 153" for Michigan off trail riding. Thanks for any info.

snoluver1

Absolutely perfect "do all" track imo. Been on 141 for years. No need for anything more or less. Trails, boondocking UP, out west, perfect. End of story.

ezra

I trail ride my 153 M8000 in MN and WI from time to time and it has a 2.6 and it is fine that powder claw takes out some chunks and flings them pretty good .
the 141 has a 2.25 so no reason you cant trail it from time to time .

- - - Updated - - -

don't some of the XF high country's have the narrow arms ?

ac600sp

Ok, thanks guys. The sno pro has a 2.6" powerclaw. Sled is a 16' carryover. scratchers are enough t keep things cool?

ezra

depends on what you are ridding on and what you expect . If I am keeping pace with a short track crew on hard pack my light will come on and I will need to start slowing down and poaching fluff on the sides and corners or if there just run off the trail for a second .
like I said I trail ride it from time to time . that said it is a mountain sled and you have to just keep a eye open for that fluff and take it when you see it .if doing more than 30% trail buy the XF high country I believe it has the larger cooler

ac600sp

I ride a 13' High Country now. I want a narrower front end for better sidehill and the deeper track. I'd like to make a trip out west every year now and I think the M would be better. I generally only ride the trails from play area to play area up in the Yoop.

ezra

the yoop I don't think I have even used the scratchers more than a few times in the last decade .
I did have my gauge flashed so it reads actual temp now not just a idiot light .only got to use 1 time last yr and snow was bottomless so no real world report .
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/

snocrazy

for trail dont go high country because of gearing. Go with the Cross Country.
I think it is a better trail option.

Im still running a 2003 viper mountain 141 2". But I still break out the 2000 SRX to hit the trails.
THe old Viper is geared exactly the same as the High Country.

ac600sp

Ezra, is the gauge reflash worth it? Any other options other than the coolant temp? Which is a nice feature alone.

ezra

well it only reads fuel level when at a constant speed so no more flashing fuel when you know you have 1/2 tank . you can also adjust when fuel starts flashing .
has voltage no big thing untill you may be having electric issues some day .
few screen configurations
I only did it for the temp
only 100 bucks
I think he has video of all diff function on his site still surf around think there are 4 or 5 or were any way .
I am still thinking hard about his tablet gps not a bad price