Mackinac Island info

jccams

Really, over $5. Omg. You can still ride the ice bridge. Permit is for the island which is a state park. Ya... I know it's another tax on us.

Funny as many times as I've been over there in the summer I've never paid a fee to get off the ferry. Must only be a state park in the winter. It's not the 5 bucks its the principal of it.

polarisrider1

They permit Is for the city council, NOT the State park. The ferry got any hidden fees??? We don't know about since no research has been done on that by any of us? $5 to much then the island council met it's goal of thinning the crowd for the locals. The ice bridge main intention is to save money getting goods and the locals back in forth without being at the mercy of the ferry boats. But the rest of us discovered the island in the winter is a nice trip for a day.

towtruck

Anyways, $5 is the magic number. I suspect it will cost all that plus some to try and enforce it. Another blunder.

X2 no gov can possibly sell a $5 sticker and make money- trailer tabs in MN were $16 -MN figured out they were losing money at that rate and went to a lifetime sticker- it took them 60 years or so but they figured it out- in real life business's have about 60 days to figure out a venture is losing $ or risk being shut down all together

chap72

I head to the island every couple years by boat and I have never had a extra charge just to visit the island.