Making a handlebar riser

indy_500

How easy is it. how would you do it. and how much do you really save? is it worth making one or just buying one? i just want a 2 inch block.

polarisrider1

Indy 500, I have a rox 2" riser. How much you willing to spend. I still have the switchback for you. It has 2- 2" risers stacked on it.

bedgar7

I have made a few, I had some aluminum blocks laying around, just cut them to 2'' or so and drilled some holes. The only thing I had to buy is some longer bolts. If you have the material I say make one, but otherwise they are not that expensive for just block risers

indy_500

i heard that there's a good chance that a 3 inch riser would need cable extensions. i would go with something bigger but i'm not gonna spend money on cable extensions

zimmbob

I can't say for sure, but I bet if you just go under the hood, and pull the cables and wires out of the holders, you'll be just fine. Then just use zip ties to tidy up.

polarisrider1

Indy 500, you worry to much! Reroute the cables a little then re-zip tie them. The 3" riser is fine. I stacked 2 2" risers (because I had them) with no problems. zimmbob is giving you a great deal.

truthrider

If the riser is too tall, find a local machine shop to take off some material untill it works with your cables. Would only take a few minutes, shouldn't cost much.