Marina Life

polarisrider1

Place to post pics of crazy stuff at your marina or boat dock.

So far this summer it has been pretty mild other than the travel lift tipping over next door. We have had the CHEVROLET Arcadia commercials shot here and shots for a new movie called "Bad Boy". Very secretive bunch those filming crews. Just got wifi installed on the boat, makes life easier.

polarisrider1

It is official. Wayne the tileguy has been elected as the Vice Commodore to the Riviera Yacht Club. (they don't know me to well do they). lol

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Musical fountains just starting can watch from picnic table at slip. A must see at Grand Haven. Goggle it at least. This goes on every night during summer. Tonight is. Black eyed peas.

polarisrider1

Just sold the house. Moving onto boat for the summer. Everything goes to storage, then to be sorted out just like on "Hoarders". Have to be out of the house May 10, plenty of time to move 32 years of acumulations.

yooper

The fountain link is really cool thanks for posting it. Moving onto your boat sounds pretty cool to me :cool: I'll be moving in a month or so been slowly packing stuff...it's amazing the stuff you accumulate in 22 years of marriage. I think I may be a hoarder :p On a side note I'll be boating in the Keys tomorrow I can't wait :)

eyeman

I'm envious. Can't wait to splash the boat this spring. 80 degrees in March has me reeling. What marina are you slipped in? We do a lot of cruising on the big pond, including a 2 week tour beginning in Menominee to Manistique, Mackinac Island, Charlevoix, Petosky, Frankfort, Sturgeon Bay and back. We've often thought about a two dayer from Milwaukee to Gran Haven, but have just not made it happen.
2m30ar9.jpg

polarisrider1

Got a call yesterday, water and electric turns on April 2. Waxing and bottom paint touch up tommorow and by friday I will be living on the boat. House is sold, bid is in for a HUD repo house to dumpster and a large pole barn office in its place. Been hauling stuff out of house all weekend. Back to old marina but new slip with way better scenery if you know what I mean.

ezra

just took the shrink wrap off my Chris today but if we dont get some heavy rain I dont think I can get it on my dock this yr lake is over 2.5 feet down.

polarisrider1

Just went to visit the boat, they have it buried three quarters of the way in a very large building, they said, "You want it when?" And started scratching their heads, then they said, "call us in a week or so, we will have a better idea then." I said, "okay" I am to easy.

polarisrider1

Boat still in storage, what the heck?????? buried in the barn. Looks like I will be living on the boat this year. House sold and everything is heading to storage except this computer and some clothes. Looking for a house, way to much junk still.

polarisrider1

why did u sell ur house
Many reasons, Most our friends live in Grand Haven. Need to get more centrally located for work. Grand Rapids and Grand Haven are my main areas for jobs. To get out of this highly taxed town of Lowell since my kids are all out of school I do not need a fancy school district. I do not need 5 bedrooms or 1/2 of the rest of this house. Never go out on the river (back waters) anymore, let someone else enjoy this sweet location. Want a brand new house exactly the way I want it built (this place is a 1880 Victorian). Been here 20 years need a change, All my money is wrapped up in the house in equity and a few more reasons. Neighbors are great, but they will get by without me and all my toys. I need more land since I am at maximum lot saturation with the buildings I have. Would like to build a big enough pole barn to fit the boat and be able to store it on my property but must take into acount overpasses and bridges to get it to that spot. Been busy on this project. lol Closer to the Eagle Club (wife is secretary,I am a trustee). Closer to the Riviera Yacht Club (I am the Vice President) closer to my MC (I am a Road Captain). many reasons all good.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Boat just went in the water. Gail winds 5-10 foot waves and a freeze warning. Boy oh boy! lol and no elec. at dock. get to run the genny. Just realized generator is in storage due to my packing it for the move. Darn cold tonight. Who said you can heat an igloo with a candle should be shot.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Living on the boat will start in a little over 10 days. Huge moving sale today and it is 30 degrees out???? just started to haul the stuff from the third floor down. This house is way bigger than I thought. Starting on my 2nd 10x30 storage unit. Need a bigger boat. This boat living stint will be for about 4 months until new house is done. We will be running 2 companies out of the boat to. Wife,2 dogs and I on a 34' sea Ray. Who will survive?? Odds are not in my favor. Everyone wants a 1 year lease on an apartment. Storing can goods in the dock box,lol.