MATRYX Coming to Pat's Motorsports!

kip

So on the brighter side we will have a 2021 Preproduction Switchback Assault 146 coming to the dealership April 8th through the end of the day (Friday) April 10th. No rides will be allowed but you will be able to see it and sit on it. Kevin Bielke from Snow Tech Magazine rode it and reported that it was the best sled he's ever ridden! Hopefully we will see some of you on those dates! Feel free to call, email, or private message me. Thank you! Kip

www.patsmotorsports.com
kip@patsmotorsports.com
PH#906-883-3536

kip

Yes it it durphee and the pictures do not do this sled justice. The colors in person are great and the new cockpit is unbelievable.

tsg

I think that is great, especially now that so many viewing shows have been cancelled. However you are one of the fortunate dealers who get a new unit, while so many others do not.

I was seriously considering a VR1 or a Launch, but with the shows cancelled, I did not think i would ever get to see one prior to snow checking. I know the internet, reviews, and publications have covered them already, but still I wanted to actually sit on one and check them out. I usually do not worry about that, but switching back from riding Ski Doo 850's over the past 4 years, and having a good amount of seat time on a 2020 XCR 850 and XC 850, which I was ok with but not overly thrilled, i wanted to actually see and feel a Matrix chassis.

So here is my beef: I think Polaris needs to get prototypes, mid year releases, etc. into the pipeline for people to see, yes, like Ski Doo does. I have 2 friends who own multi brand dealers in Wisconsin, Polaris included, and have been communicating this to Polaris for years, but they say this goes on deaf ears. Both were at the launch in Dallas, and when Polaris apparently communicated they were working on the Martix for the past 3 years, they simple asked why no mid year release, samples for dealers, etc.....? Polaris apparently does not believe that is necessary, though it appears some dealers think the opposite. You can favor your own opinion.

For me personally, I ordered another 2021 850 SkiDoo. I physically saw it, and spoke personally with several people (multi brand dealer related) who rode the 2020.5 release for extended miles, with the new X front and X rear. I understand things can and will change prior to full production, but what I saw and heard I liked.

Also need to disclose that my company, which I am a 50/50 owner of, is a support supplier (non part related) for Polaris, and I also own a Polaris sled and several off road vehicles. I wish them the best, and to an extent benefit from them when business is good, but just wanted to epress my opinion on what they could do.

kip

I understand where you're coming from tsg but quite a few dealers did ride them and gave feedback on them. Kevin from Snow Tech loves Ski Doo sleds, so for him to say that is huge for the new Polaris sled. It's going all over the midwest so people can sit on it and see it. I don't disagree that mid-season models would possibly be good but then why a reveal? I don't know the right answer.

Carbide

I will say this about this new Matryx. And this is serious.
I have had many 2 strokes and several of them were Polaris. The last one being a 2004 XC800SP.
I have been 4 stroke only the last few years. Hate 2 strokes now. Hate the smell. Hate bringing oil along.
I have not sat on a Polaris for 15 years. Not one. I have no idea about the advancements they have made since 2004.
And obviously I have not even seen a Matryx in person. Seen a few youtube videos.
But I am seriously considering ordering one. They are incredible machines.

1fujifilm

I think that is great, especially now that so many viewing shows have been cancelled. However you are one of the fortunate dealers who get a new unit, while so many others do not.

I was seriously considering a VR1 or a Launch, but with the shows cancelled, I did not think i would ever get to see one prior to snow checking. I know the internet, reviews, and publications have covered them already, but still I wanted to actually sit on one and check them out. I usually do not worry about that, but switching back from riding Ski Doo 850's over the past 4 years, and having a good amount of seat time on a 2020 XCR 850 and XC 850, which I was ok with but not overly thrilled, i wanted to actually see and feel a Matrix chassis.

So here is my beef: I think Polaris needs to get prototypes, mid year releases, etc. into the pipeline for people to see, yes, like Ski Doo does. I have 2 friends who own multi brand dealers in Wisconsin, Polaris included, and have been communicating this to Polaris for years, but they say this goes on deaf ears. Both were at the launch in Dallas, and when Polaris apparently communicated they were working on the Martix for the past 3 years, they simple asked why no mid year release, samples for dealers, etc.....? Polaris apparently does not believe that is necessary, though it appears some dealers think the opposite. You can favor your own opinion.

For me personally, I ordered another 2021 850 SkiDoo. I physically saw it, and spoke personally with several people (multi brand dealer related) who rode the 2020.5 release for extended miles, with the new X front and X rear. I understand things can and will change prior to full production, but what I saw and heard I liked.

Also need to disclose that my company, which I am a 50/50 owner of, is a support supplier (non part related) for Polaris, and I also own a Polaris sled and several off road vehicles. I wish them the best, and to an extent benefit from them when business is good, but just wanted to epress my opinion on what they could do.

Sup TSG,
I agree, and the Multi-Dealer I favor (Doo and Poo) is "almost" hostile to how Poo releases things, especially this year. He dislikes how late in the winter Poo released their new sleds and had their Dealer show.
Why? THE SNOW IS ALL GONE, YOU HAVE TO GET BUYERS PUMPED WHEN THERE IS SNOW!

Additionally, he is not pleased with Poo's handing of the "wiring problem" that is plaguing 850 sleds causing default to limp-mode.
Hopefully they get it sorted.

Bear

1fujifilm

So on the brighter side we will have a 2021 Preproduction Switchback Assault 146 coming to the dealership April 8th through the end of the day (Friday) April 10th. No rides will be allowed but you will be able to see it and sit on it. Kevin Bielke from Snow Tech Magazine rode it and reported that it was the best sled he's ever ridden! Hopefully we will see some of you on those dates! Feel free to call, email, or private message me. Thank you! Kip

www.patsmotorsports.com
kip@patsmotorsports.com
PH#906-883-3536

Hi Kip,
I have built a few sleds on the Poo website and want an experts opinion; "what Poo would a Doo loyalist consider similar to a Renegade 850 X-Package"?
My thought is a VR-1 137 with E/S but the mandated gauge (was told an expense of $1,200) throws pricing off a bit (Doo MSRP $14,099 to Poo MSRP $15,624).

Sincerely, Bear

kip

Bear,
I get the point with the early release. That being said, what about dealers that have a lot of product left and then have to deal with lost sales over a early release? It's just a question. I agree we have to pump people up but it's a fine line. VR-1 comes with the 7" display automatically. Only one that doesn't is the Launch. So are you saying you would want the display if you built one hypothetically? Thanks.

tsg

I stand corrected, I have received an email from 2 dealers and I know of others who will have a VR1 at their site within the next few weeks. Also know my good friend the dealer is getting a 650 and 850 VR1! So good to see Polaris is getting the sleds so people can see. But, was this a result of the shows being cancelled, or change in corporate philosphy? And, doubt people will be allowed to sit or touch them, hopefully not!

I suffered this year for jumping the gun, but I just like to make decisions based on my time frame, and move forward. And, who thought the world would be where we are at today?

As for the excess inventory sitting around, simple: when you roll out a mid year or preview sled, put discounts on the existing. Seems to work for SkiDoo.

But Kip you know the industry better then me, and the margins, so I will leave it at that. Also Kip, I really enjoy your honestly and how you can see a number of different viewpoints and sides.

kip

tsg, thank you. I appreciate your take as well. You make good points and Ski Doo doesn't sell a lot of sleds because they don't have good product, or don't have good marketing skills. Rebates certainly help as long as the companies are proactive about it. When we get use to a certain way of doing things sometimes we can't see other avenues that work better and in this case you could very well be correct! They did have plans to get the VR1 to dealers regardless of the shows cancelling, but they didn't do a good job letting the consumer or some of us dealers even! Most mistakes are made by poor communication..

1fujifilm

tsg, thank you. I appreciate your take as well. You make good points and Ski Doo doesn't sell a lot of sleds because they don't have good product, or don't have good marketing skills. Rebates certainly help as long as the companies are proactive about it. When we get use to a certain way of doing things sometimes we can't see other avenues that work better and in this case you could very well be correct! They did have plans to get the VR1 to dealers regardless of the shows cancelling, but they didn't do a good job letting the consumer or some of us dealers even! Most mistakes are made by poor communication..

I have my beefs with both manufacturers Marketing (look at my posts on Doo-talk and Doo Facebook demanding for the CMO to be FIRED).
Anyway, Doo provided $500 coupons last year on 2020 Snow-Checks (and screwed that up) Poo offered coupons on leftover 18's in 2019 and now I am addicted to coupons! Last June, Poo even gave me a coupon to get an additional 2 year Ranger warranty.
With the virus, the manufacturers (and their moron Marketing departments) better get coupons out asap or they will be laying off production staff soon. Free financing is not enough!
Dealers can't eat it, THE MANUFACTURERS HAVE TOO!

Bear

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

Bear,
I get the point with the early release. That being said, what about dealers that have a lot of product left and then have to deal with lost sales over a early release? It's just a question. I agree we have to pump people up but it's a fine line. VR-1 comes with the 7" display automatically. Only one that doesn't is the Launch. So are you saying you would want the display if you built one hypothetically? Thanks.

I am not aware of how either Poo or Doo's 2021 new gauge works yet (strange for me).
What I "would" pay for is one that works independently from a phone, for the prices asking it ought to in my thoughts.
Then I would buy a gauge for $800-$1,200.

Bear

xcr440

I just can't see spending another grand on a gauge that I won't look at anyway! Speed, Temp, mileage and Fuel with the occasional RPM check - I really don't need anymore than that. If I need to see which way a trail goes, I can still pull out my phone, and I'll probably take a few minutes to snap a pic while I'm at it!

kip

You got it slimcake, it is separate from your phone and I agree Bear it should be figured in at the price, which it is. XCR440 you make a good point, but lots of people do want it. You can buy the Launch without the gauge if it means nothing to you. Now onto your question Bear. The New VR1 137 850 which comes standard with the 7" display is $15,599 MSRP. So Doo is for sure cheaper but does the Doo have the display is my question? If not, then it's not apples for apples. If you get the Launch which is the New MATRYX Platform then MSRP is $14,299 so that would be awful close to Doo and actually a pretty good price for a new platform. Hope this helps or makes sense to you, and it is the XC shock package at $14,299 Bear. I believe they're right there with Doo.

1fujifilm

You got it slimcake, it is separate from your phone and I agree Bear it should be figured in at the price, which it is. XCR440 you make a good point, but lots of people do want it. You can buy the Launch without the gauge if it means nothing to you. Now onto your question Bear. The New VR1 137 850 which comes standard with the 7" display is $15,599 MSRP. So Doo is for sure cheaper but does the Doo have the display is my question? If not, then it's not apples for apples. If you get the Launch which is the New MATRYX Platform then MSRP is $14,299 so that would be awful close to Doo and actually a pretty good price for a new platform. Hope this helps or makes sense to you, and it is the XC shock package at $14,299 Bear. I believe they're right there with Doo.

I agree. More research on my end tells me the Launch is a VR with a bit less shock and no gauge..seems reasonable.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

The 7s from Poo is independent from your phone. If you want that. Much much faster than the PIDD as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSzF6U6Pg-4 If ya have ten minutes. Looks pretty cool to me.

Good vid, pretty nice.

Bear

durphee

As to tsg “And, doubt people will be allowed to sit or touch them, hopefully not!”

Lot of good points on this thread. Polaris brought a VR1 and a 146 Assault to my local dealer and the Polaris reps said right off the bat.....jump on the sled, see how it feels, explained in detail the difference between last year and this model, Mess with the new gauge...so it was a great experience at the preview....minus the huge part of not being able to ride them.

- - - Updated - - -

Kip, I guess this goes with not being able to demo one is with all the hype of the 650 engine which has really interested me, I just wonder if that engine will perform in production as the pre production one. I am coming off a 850 assault and the 650 would suit me fine if it delivers what is being promised. Any word or info on that? I appreciate you taking the time and responding to the posts !

Last edited:

kip

No problem Durphee. According to two dealers who rode it, and Kevin from Snow Tech the 650 flat out rips and will give 800's a run for it's money. They all told me if you didn't look at the decal you would swear you're riding a 800 with just better efficiency. They all told me the efficiency is going to be excellent. We've been snowchecking quite a few 650's. Hope this helps!

old abe

Kip I'm not trying to throw a trick question here. Ball park, sled, to sled, what is the price difference between the 650, and the 850?