Millie's ACL

willey

John, Sorry to hear about Millie. I have been through two ACL surgeries on with my Golden Retriever. He is now 12 and still doing great. First was at four years and the other was at 8. His recovery on the second was greatly improved with regular visits to the doggy chiropractor. I know it sounds silly but it has helped him tremendously with his mobility of his back end.

I wish Millie a speady recovery and hope you can keep her calm and relaxed during her recovery! That might be tough with Huck and Gracie egging her on. Best Wishes!!!

durphee

Sorry to hear about Millie! My father is a veterinarian and performs ACL repairs pretty frequently. Just follow the recommended protocals posts surgery (aka lots of limited activity) and she will do great! Good luck!

LoveMyDobe

torn ACL

My Dobe tore her ACL years back, not bad enough for surgery. My acupuncture vet suggested giving her a chinese herbal pill Meridian Comfort. Within a week she quit limping. She has been on these since, helps with her other issues at her old age. They are 100.00 a bottle, last 5 months, only available thru the vet and well worth it! Good luck to you and your Fur Child, I have seen dogs after that surgery and it doesn't look fun for either of you.

choc_lab

Millie

John sorry to hear about Millie . My Lab had both ACL's repaired and is doing great he is 12 years old and still very active . The best thing is lots of swimming once you get past the early rehab stages . Good luck keeping her off her leg and just relaxing .