Milwaukee Snowmobile USA Show

whitedust

I looked up the show today and found out it was last weekend. Lol. Not a word here or from any of my buds and it came and went. Was the show any good? How about attendance?

Im thinking about a new FXR riding jacket where is a good place to shop in the Milwaukee area ? I’ll drive for a good deal so open to surrounding area.

pclark

News from my old club in Waukesha stated that they only used 1/3 of the space they used to and the County only asked that 2 people man the booth to sell tickets. Polaris was the only Manufacturer that attended. I think it has lost it's appeal.

lofsfire

I looked up the show today and found out it was last weekend. Lol. Not a word here or from any of my buds and it came and went. Was the show any good? How about attendance?

Im thinking about a new FXR riding jacket where is a good place to shop in the Milwaukee area ? I’ll drive for a good deal so open to surrounding area.

I bought some new gear last year at Highlands Yamaha for my kids. Of course it's not an option this year... And they're not a FXR dealer. But I was also over at Nielsen's about this time last year and they had a good selection FXR. They did have some stuff on close out (2 or 3 racks) of course the majority was a new stuff... But there was definitely enough to try on.

I always need big sizes so I almost always have to order offline. With that said many of the dealers will honor show prices if you call them up within a week of the show. The other option is Novi is in a few weeks.

euphoric1

sad, was something to always look forward to, probably many variables as to why, internet ordering, loss of dealerships, I'm sure supply issues big in last few years as well, not to mention sport for some getting very expensive. Was cool to go just to get the blood pumping in excitement for the season.

indy_500

sad, was something to always look forward to, probably many variables as to why, internet ordering, loss of dealerships, I'm sure supply issues big in last few years as well, not to mention sport for some getting very expensive. Was cool to go just to get the blood pumping in excitement for the season.
The cost of the venue for vendors is the main reason it started pushing them away years ago. The wide open power sports show has been growing every year, due to the low cost for vendors to get space. I haven’t been to it yet but hope to one day (coaching football on saturdays puts a damper on going to snow shows!)

whitedust

Back in late 90s it was hopping , good deals , lots of gear even Yamaha was there and a fashion show for software. Bought my first set of trailer guides there. That was fun carrying out to truck. Just about every northern WI county was there to promote their trails. I remember John Dee being there too along with all the snowmobile magazines. It was a happening but did start to slide in early 2000s. Spring Peak OEM shows were jammed too now not many even do sneak peak shows anymore.

harski

Rental space costs, electric hook up, etc I've heard is the big issue with the Milwaukee Show. Went to the Wide Open show this year on Sunday and it had very high quality vendors and used almost all of the space in the two indoor buildings. I've said the last few years someone needs to look at The Alliant Energy Center in Madison as possible replacement because there is a demand as the smaller shows seem to do well. The Alliant Energy Center also has easy interstate access, plenty of space, hotels, restaurants, etc... Centrally located in the mid-west and would most likely get more Iowans there too.

whitedust

Rental space costs, electric hook up, etc I've heard is the big issue with the Milwaukee Show. Went to the Wide Open show this year on Sunday and it had very high quality vendors and used almost all of the space in the two indoor buildings. I've said the last few years someone needs to look at The Alliant Energy Center in Madison as possible replacement because there is a demand as the smaller shows seem to do well. The Alliant Energy Center also has easy interstate access, plenty of space, hotels, restaurants, etc... Centrally located in the mid-west and would most likely get more Iowans there too.
Agree something has to change doesn’t sound appealing anymore

I don't know how long it goes, but Kens Sports has their show going on too. They used to have the entire corner of the snow show and have great deals on gear.

wisco-mb

I didn't make it this year. I went last year and was pretty small for vendors and crowds. Figured post covid and dealers getting out due to cost. I actually had a couple things I wanted to buy(sled lift, and trailer helmet cabinet), so I knew it would be worth it for not getting it shipped.
The clothes I needed I picked up at Hay days this year. I'm hoping to make it to wide open power sports show next year.
Madison would be a great location!

euphoric1

I used to work the Con-Ex show years ago and rental spaces were crazy then but saying electrical hook up is a big issue is an understatement! it was crazy stupid then, I can only imagine now! but my question is....how much you are making as it stands idle or partial full?

harski

I used to work the Con-Ex show years ago and rental spaces were crazy then but saying electrical hook up is a big issue is an understatement! it was crazy stupid then, I can only imagine now! but my question is....how much you are making as it stands idle or partial full?
Heard a rumor this was the last contract year for Snowmobile USA at State Fair Park so if they are going to move now is the time. Like I said before, WO did a nice job and had reputable venders so they're definitely showing potential in handling a snow show.

heckler56

I wondered the same until I looked up the vendor list and it was only a page of companies listed with mfr’s missing. Last year’s Novi show I remember saying to myself “is this worth the 9 hour round trip?” Vendors are getting smaller at that show also.

chunk06

The final nail in the coffin was When they lost dealers like Ken's and Ecklund and all four manufactures did not show up. We went last year and the show was already small. If UP North wasn't there last year it would have been pathetic. It was a tradition for us for years to hit the show, Mama Mia's for food then a few bars on the way home.

hermie

It really is too bad used to be an excellent place to get new gear. Sure sounds like wide open is the shooting go to now. I was hoping the eagle river show would gain some momentum but not I be surprised if they even have it next year. The show was crowded the 1st year but there was no haydays or any other show to go to.

wiscrev

It really is too bad used to be an excellent place to get new gear. Sure sounds like wide open is the shooting go to now. I was hoping the eagle river show would gain some momentum but not I be surprised if they even have it next year. The show was crowded the 1st year but there was no haydays or any other show to go to.
They need too change the date to October and have it during Cranberry Fest----fun for the whole family.

whitedust

They need too change the date to October and have it during Cranberry Fest----fun for the whole family.
That will never happen Cranberry fest jams up the entire county as is especially Eagle River. So much chaos the bank was robbed and the perp got away blended into crowd. Never caught the guy.