Mirrors

RHFD547

Putting my son on my 06' Crossfire 7 this year and looking for suggestions on mirrors, preferably windshield mount. Thanks!

T

Tracker

got em on my crosstrek....they never worked in the past....these are much better now days....but you don't use them as much as you think you would....more of a hand wind guard thing IMO

mirror.jpg

GTL

I hate riding without them. Of course I always lead and it's soooooo nice to know somebody is still behind me. I don't think anyone really uses them for backing up etc. but just to "see" if they have someone behind them without turning their head halfway around. I always use the stock optional ones.

Last edited:

blkhwkbob

the one you strap around the glove is what I have found works best for me .
Agree 100%! There is nothing better than a wrist mirror (and a set of communicators). At intersections, use your wrist to count headlights and go. You can twist your wrist side to side to get a panoramic view. With communicators you don't have to pay so much attention behind you unless you're bringing up the rear. When leading, it's great getting warnings that people want to pass or that there are people flying by to pass.

POLARISDAN

Agree 100%! There is nothing better than a wrist mirror (and a set of communicators). At intersections, use your wrist to count headlights and go. You can twist your wrist side to side to get a panoramic view. With communicators you don't have to pay so much attention behind you unless you're bringing up the rear. When leading, it's great getting warnings that people want to pass or that there are people flying by to pass.

then ur going to slow:concern:

shelby369

Bingo.......the only why to go, also keep the sled lines clean.....

T

Tracker

ditto,
it doesn't break off when you roll it or smack a limb.

I have rolled my crosstrek 2 times so far and all it did was bend in and then snap back....no damage...but the rollovers weren't to bad so not much forces...tree branches have not cracked them off yet...scratches is all I see....the cat stuff is very durable...the guys out west have shorties and roll over the sled to get it unstuck and I have rolled a tall one and it just bends in...the other guys swear by the hand mirror also...no one has ever passed me so if you go fast in a group forgetaboutem....plus I lead and I just turn my head fro a quick glance just to see if the one behind is waiting like I did for him so we all know which way to go...just train em to wait for one behind them then go...I don't wait for the whole group ...but as others stated they are sweet when you lead and its -20 and your doing 80+...hope it helps RH in a decision...id say hand mirrors and wind guards instead also

For the first time in twenty five years, I finally put a set on my last new Cat, and I will never ride without them again. Wrist mirrors are fine, but when you're the leader and you're cruising along pretty good, especially over the bumpy stuff, its really easy to just to glance to either side to check and count headlights behind you without taking your hands off the grips. Actually when I lead, I can see the headlights in my peripheral vision, so I'm getting constant feedback which I really like. We've had many times where the lead sleds went miles without knowing there was nobody behind them, so we make a rule in our group that to lead you have to have mirrors of some type. They also do make a nice wind guard.