Munising Redemption

doc_mark

It is time to change the thread from Munising Fail to Munising Redemption. We have been up here for 3 days and ALL trails have been 10/10. Trails from Munising to Grand Marias to Pine Stump to Seney 10/10. Trails south to Manistique 10/10.Trails to Big Bay 10/10. The ice by Grand Island has been phenomenal and the photo opportunities are great!

old abe

Been watching this issue, and glad to hear it's getting the fix it badly needed. We gave up on the area 4 years ago due to the trail conditions being really bad no matter when we went there. It's a wonderful area, and trail system. Very good news!!! Hope to hear more good reports.

skiseadoo

We were there last week and what a great area to ride. Only one section of 10 mi was rough. The rest was excellent

kd9929

Doc did you take the sleds over to the island or walk? How deep is the snow on the bay? I took the sleds over last year and it was great. I am headed up next weekend and want to go again.

snocrazy

Why would any one walk? Ride around the island. Best Ice walls are on the North West side of the island if you ask me. The bay side is where all of the walkers, snow shoers, cc skiers, ice climbers, are going. Lots of people on weekends.

kd9929

Thanks for the advice. I want to make the trip just sdidn't want to get buried in deep snow and slush with my short tracks. This time last year the conditions were perfect.

Yes it is redemption. Last weekend was great, grooming over already good trails.

Thanks Munising trail folks for all the hard work!

snocrazy

Will be riding around here well in to April as usual. Even after the grooming stops. There is still good riding.
Funny how no one comes up in spring. Best riding of the year if you ask me.

snocrazy

Just took the srx 700 out for a rip over lunch. Trail 7 is smoother than highway 13!!! It still just blows my mind how good a job they are doing.
Such a beautiful day out. Blue sky and bright sun. Few puffy clouds here and there.

megan600

where is this that u can drive on ice and look at island

Grand Island. We went and looked at the ice curtains this weekend. They were awesome. We got on the ice right next to Foggys in Christmas. There is a little park there, follow the tracks and it takes you right out there. You can also access it from in town in Munising.

snowrat

Grand Island. We went and looked at the ice curtains this weekend. They were awesome. We got on the ice right next to Foggys in Christmas. There is a little park there, follow the tracks and it takes you right out there. You can also access it from in town in Munising.

Wife and I are hoping to be out there next Friday/Saturday.

jetrep

Munising was amazing over the weekend. You could not ask for better trail conditions. We played off trail some as well and it was great. Trail 7 and 8 were awesome. I was surprised we didn't see more riders on the trails.

welderboy

hey snocrazy do you think the trails will hold up for the weekend also if you could direct me where to stay if they do survive thank you in advance.

heitz66

My Daughter and I are planing on riding in the Munising area this Friday and Saturday 3/13 and 3/14 anyone interested in riding with us

snocrazy

hey snocrazy do you think the trails will hold up for the weekend also if you could direct me where to stay if they do survive thank you in advance.
They will still have plenty of snow. Not sure if they are still grooming at night. Def not during the day. There is no one up here so things are not to torn up. Expect some water holes and slush for sure. But that's part of the fun in late season riding.

I would stay some where on the trail. No more base on the roads. All paved ones are bare. Dirt ones are a mess and you wont want to ride.