MY 2024 thoughts?

old abe

Okay, the weather, and trail conditions suck! So what's your thoughts on what's coming forth in 24, for what ever brand sleds?

indy_500

I’m thinking from Poo we’ll see something suspension/shock related. From Doo well see a 650-670 motor in the new G5. Cat obviously the catalyst. Yami anyone’s guess is as good as mine…

SledTL

Yamaha still existing for another year. Wondering where the future lays with procross chassis and catalyst.

old abe

Yamaha still existing for another year. Wondering where the future lays with procross chassis and catalyst.
Yeah, well, seems to look as if Yama/Cats are produced, they will be limited to the Pro Cross platform? As there is no way to "shoehorn fit" their present 4 stroke engines into the Catalyst chassis, and they're too heavy. However, I do sincerely hope that the Catalyst chassis is "designed, and engineered intending for some kind of 4 stroke power? Perhaps, Cats own engine intended for the Catalyst? My thoughts on, and a very big, "IF", Doo does replace its present 600? Is that the new engine will be based on the 850 bottom end, and lubricating system? And, no clue, but just perhaps Poo expands on their 4 stroke offerings? IDK?

Last edited:

katden4

Yeah, well, seems to look as if Yama/Cats are produced, they will be limited to the Pro Cross platform? As there is no way to "shoehorn fit" their present 4 stroke engines into the Catalyst chassis, and they're too heavy. However, I do sincerely hope that the Catalyst chassis is "designed, and engineered intending for some kind of 4 stroke power? Perhaps, Cats own engine intended for the Catalyst? My thoughts on, and a very big, "IF", Doo does replace its present 600? Is that the new engine will be based on the 850 bottom end, and lubricating system? And, no clue, but just perhaps Poo expands on their 4 stroke offerings? IDK?
I just watched a video of Poo putting the 1000rzr motor in many of their models for snow. Rated at 90 ish hp.

goofy600

850 flatland Doo, a competitive 4s from Poo and a 650-670ish Doo also. Hopefully a little better pricing, that would be really nice. Or nothing but BNG from all.🤪

indy_500

I can see 2s turbo for mountain but not for Midwest trail riding. Plenty of NA trail hp available now.
While I 100% agree as my 850 is a riot and couldn’t imagine needing more, the Polaris boost is a low psi at low elevation 15-20 hp gain. Nothing substantial. It’s not a 100 hp gain or anything crazy…

whitedust

While I 100% agree as my 850 is a riot and couldn’t imagine needing more, the Polaris boost is a low psi at low elevation 15-20 hp gain. Nothing substantial. It’s not a 100 hp gain or anything crazy…
Yeah but as you know engines have to be engineered made more robust ,to accept turbos it’s not like hey let’s do this kind of thing for more ponies. Otherwise engine goes boom if not meant to be boosted.

dfattack

Yamaha...I can't call the "Yamaha sleds" yamaha anymore. They are Cats with Yamaha engines which is fine. Many people like them apparently...or maybe not. Don't know the sales numbers. After all these years still disappointed with Yamaha. Absolutely love my Doo but miss competition and differing ideas from purebred Yamaha sleds.

old abe

Yamaha...I can't call the "Yamaha sleds" yamaha anymore. They are Cats with Yamaha engines which is fine. Many people like them apparently...or maybe not. Don't know the sales numbers. After all these years still disappointed with Yamaha. Absolutely love my Doo but miss competition and differing ideas from purebred Yamaha sleds.
Yeah, well, so it is dfattack. However, Yam chose to bury themselves, sadly.

SledTL

I am probably going to upgrade my Viper in another year or so. Based on current prices I will probably go with a 900R turbo instead, its nearly the same price as a viper and has more hp. I am one of the people who actually really like the viper and have the setup dialed in now. I would like a winder but its pretty pricey for the jump.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my best Rod Serling voice we visit Twilight Zone 2024....

Biden gets re-elected and bans snowmobiling in the name of Climate Change.
Kamala Harris is now Co-President since having only one is Racist!
Hunter Biden is named Ambassador to Columbia of all places and is never heard from again.
All U.S. Military is on a Stand Down until all planes, ships and tanks can be painted with the Rainbow Colors.
Putin invades Chicago with Lori Lightfoot's approval and Putin later realizes that Lightfoot is not a guy...."What the...."
And Trump builds a new Golf Course and names it The Bushwood Country Club after his favorite movie, Caddy Shack!

old abe

Hunter Biden is named Ambassador to Columbia of all places and is never heard from again.
All U.S. Military is on a Stand Down until all planes, ships and tanks can be painted with the Rainbow Colors.
Putin invades Chicago with Lori Lightfoot's approval and Putin later realizes that Lightfoot is not a guy...."What the...."
And Trump builds a new Golf Course and names it The Bushwood Country Club after his favorite movie, Caddy Shack!
Ah, Newsmax, or OAN? :ROFLMAO:

durphee

Lol, you really think the Russians are tough enough to take over Chicago? Russians can’t even cross a steeet without messing it up. 😆

Hoosier

If you look through some forums, it seems like everyone is hoping for some quality control for 24. Seems like there have been so many supplier issues.

erkoehler

It is quite a significant 3 psi boost....sled pulls hard to 100! Have had 3 stock 850s in past and this year have 1200+ miles on the boost and it is a noticeable difference. Guys are just now starting to tune them and bump up the turbo boost. Things could get interesting :)

erkoehler

Polaris:
1. 9R will be in a trail sled (Likely the XCR), t
2. The S4 4 stroke should be expanded, would be awesome to see a turbo S4 trail sled to start competing with the Doo 900 4-stroke.

Ski Doo:
1. 850 Turbo is going to hit the trail market.
2. Hopefully continued development of their app/screen on the high end sleds. Would be cool to not have to link phone for maps, etc.

Yamaha:
1. Same stuff, waiting on Cat to expand chassis lineup

Cat:
1. Catalyst for snow check
2. Hay days release of a possible mid season larger engine in Catalyst