Need a new sled

wfd123

My son currently rides a 2000 Polaris 500 xc. This sled handles like its on rails. I own a 2010 yamah vecter ltx gt. The only whey to keep up with him is to catch him on the straights. He races MX bikes in the summer so he is a challange on the trails. I would like to stay in the 600 cc motor and either polaris or yamaha.It would have to handle just as good or better for him to give up his old Polaris. Any suggestions?

vector08

If you like the longer track, I would see about ordering a 2012 polaris switchback adventure. It has the Rush Suspension and Styling, but it has the longer track. Other wise you could go with a regular Rush. There has been nothing but good reviews for these sleds.

My .02!

-vector08-

indy_500

first off, the vector ltx gt is a 136" correct? Your going to want a 121" if you want to keep up with him in the twisties. 2012 poo switch adventure is a 136". For the twisties I'd want a Doo XP or a 121" rush.

srt20

Wait til the 2012 Polaris come out. New spindles and possibly new geometry on a-arm mounts. The 2012 Rushes should handle as good or better than the XPs. Especially with ski doos new rear skid coming out.

IMO yamaha doesnt have a sled remotely close to being able to keep up with an experinced young guy on a sit down sled.

BTW I doubt any new sled will keep up with a young gun on a sit-down sled. But you should be at least close with a Rush or XP.

snowbuff

By reading the original post, I believe the new sled is for the kid. Like he said, "It would have to handle just as good or better for HIM to give up his old Polaris".

If your stuck on Polaris or Yammi, I would have to say the Rush would be your best bet. Don't forget to play with the set up.

Good luck, should be fun!

vector08

Like snowbuff said, is the sled for you or your son? Also, what is your price range? That is a big factor too.