Need a new truck

yamadooed

If your looking for sumpt'n used in the 4-5 year range yer best to stay away from the American badged burrito buckets as there's a reason why they needed to borrow freshly printed Obama dollars. My last ten years were spent in a 5.4l powered ford with zero issues and this Toy body style was easy to transition into they obviously marketed it towards the number 1 seller... Nowadaze iffen I were buy'n new one I'd walk all the manu's lots as they seemed to pick it up a bit but unfortunate the price has too... Cars.com was who I used to scout it out and located one a whole 1.5 miles from my house.

mikeh906

Ford is on the top of the list, They make a nice truck, first off I bought stock from 2.5 up to 10 bucks 2 years ago june/ july.[13500 shares] The thought came to me when gm hit a 60 year low, I said to myself gm is to big to go down, maybe this is a good deal? With research Ford was the way to go. Now at 17 plus, In 99 Ford was 55 or so a share. 3M has been good to me, Best Buy, Hormel, Phizer, Exxon, Royal Dutch Pete, and 1 other oil company that escapes my mind at the moment. No Obama bucks here. I just can not justify a brand new truck, maybe I am to cheap? Its been quite a few years since I bought new, 86 I think, a Nisson. Good truck. I want to pay cash, so used is the only option with no payment. But I am starting to think a new ford, have to man up I guess. Darn I really do not want a payment, but a new Ford might work. I am off to my Dealer/ customer. He will treat me right. Please God do not let me do this LOL

prowrench

It really does not matter all that much what you buy. Every brand has their issues. Not just hearsay bs, I own an auto repair shop. I just hope you stay with one of the companies that is at least based here.

anonomoose

This import, domestic thing is definitely gett'n blurry....Gm's cheesy tiny trucks are out of production because of the issues in Japan. Likewise, ford announces, NO black or red paint trucks, flaky stuff in the paint made ONLY in Japan. Computer chips....Japan.

I swear....someone make a Totally domestic truck, and ADVERTISE that fact and I think many would take a hard look at it.

Stop the reinvention of "new" engines, and "new" trannies, and just build it for strength and dependability, and good gas mileage and I think this "gee whizz....change the sheet metal each year" thing would be a thing of the past. It cost a lot of money to do that...but the mentality...of "got to turn over these designs" is way over played these days. Cut the price to follow with incomes, keep the product the same for 5 years, so it doesn't become obsolete the day you drive it off the lot, and watch the unit take off.

Keep American's working so we can afford to pay for all these wars....and new sleds.

Okay...I feel better now....I'll be ALL right...ALL right I tell yah!

mikeh906

Bought a New Ford, xlt lb 4dr white 4whl dr. Wife showed up at the dealership, said shut up write the check. [I really must be a tightwad] It still hurts, last truck I will buy, and its not a Toyota. Thread is done. My butt is still stinging. But it is a great driving truck. Should pick it up mon. What the heck is 30k anyway?

anonomoose

Well, it was a safe bet, no?

Somebody has to get this economy goin, and it might as well be YOU that is slave to the bank than ME! :D My new truck days are gone....that's why they don't show old men on TV advertisements...always the 32.5 year old who has 1.8 kids and can still feel his oats...provided his wife allows it!

But GGGGGGEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOODDDDD, that a pile of money! Sure hope you can write it off some how.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike, I've been following this thread the last couple of days just as an observer. Enjoy the Ford! I drove mine for 10 years and just traded it for a Toyota last week.

As you know, there's a lot to choose from out there and it's not an easy decision if you're not loyal to a particular brand. I'm glad at least one of us found a truck from a domestic automaker that fit our needs. Enjoy the New Ford!

Gary

mikeh906

So now you chip in with Toyota LOL, Layin in the weeds are yah? The whole thing drove me nuts, I walk into any store and get what I need and run out. Right? Took 40 min in the Dealership, and the wife set me straight. The last thing I needed was a new truck, or was it?

mikeh906

So now you chip in with Toyota LOL, Layin in the weeds are yah? The whole thing drove me nuts, I walk into any store and get what I need and run out. Right? Took 40 min in the Dealership, and the wife set me straight. The last thing I needed was a new truck, or was it?

yamaholic

I would think living in Florida you could have found an older truck in cherry shape for a good price unlike the rust buckets up here.

mikeh906

They are here. It came down to the fact that I will drive this into the ground, then give it to one of our kids, and they will say a few prayers when it dies. I hope it will live up to my expectations. G just posted on trading his Ford on a Toyota. 8g more than I spent, and quite honestly the Ford seems like a better truck. Its funny how when your driving them new, the smell, tight, ect. gets you. I should have just stayed home, and bought used. Time will tell.

brad460

Mike, I've been following this thread the last couple of days just as an observer. Enjoy the Ford! I drove mine for 10 years and just traded it for a Toyota last week.

As you know, there's a lot to choose from out there and it's not an easy decision if you're not loyal to a particular brand. I'm glad at least one of us found a truck from a domestic automaker that fit our needs. Enjoy the New Ford!

Gary

After twelve years + of driving Fords (F150s) I traded for a New Tundra and have no regrets. Enough said.

BTW: Test drove the Chevys (boring and outdated), didnt bother with Dodge..

mikeh906

Drove the chevys, toys, and Ford. I really liked the toyotas, why now are the toy boys posting,to late, really hope this works out. Now i feel like i should of bought the Toy, it is a real nice truck, check has not cleared?? And I thought this was done.

700classic

You won't be disappointed with the Ford truck. We have 4 in the family. Just sold a 2000 F-250 with over 400,000 on it and it's still going, also sold a 05 with about 280,000 mi. and it's still going strong. Wife is driving a 2010 with approx. 40,000mi. We have never had any major issues with them. Proper maintenance is the key. Your Ford should serve you well. Now quit worrying and get to work so you can pay for that truck!

harvest1121

After selling Chevys for 10 years I would buy a Toyota or Ford. My dad drives Toyotas and thinks he may buy a Ford next. Done with Gm even get the employee discount still.