Need Parts for a 2008 Yamaha Wave runner

pclark

Can anybody direct me to who might have parts for 2008 Yamaha Wave runner Model VX110A-GW 10" hull.

Looking for the Steering Thruster piece in back that controls the steering. May be used or new, doesn't matter.

Thanks

wiharley02

Appears to maybe be a supply chain issue - the new replacement OEM part #6d3-r1313-00-00 is showing as out of stock from a lot of different online sources, like Partzilla, Yamaha Parts House, etc. Those guys are ecommerce websites, they don't stock many parts if any at all, they are just a point of sale, "pass through" type source.....buy the part from them and it comes out of the one of the OEM's regional warehouses.....I.E. Yamaha is out of stock on this part.....hopefully short term and not discontinued/obsolete.

In-laws have 2 VX110's (I think 05's or 06's) with the same nozzle. Will have to be careful not to break them! They've been very reliable except batteries every few years, stator in 1, fogged gauge cluster in the other.

First advice I can give - scour the web for waverunner/jetski "junkyards", scour ebay....may be able to find a used part or a used nozzle assy that contains the end part you are looking for. Last resort, if all the pieces of your damaged one are available, start getting creative with glue/adhesive/rivets/aluminum strips to reinforce and repair!

Other advice, the VX110 is not really a high performance class machine, but maybe there is an aftermarket "performance" nozzle kit? Greenhulk and Riva Racing are 2 aftermarket outfits that come to mind.

Good luck

pclark

Appears to maybe be a supply chain issue - the new replacement OEM part #6d3-r1313-00-00 is showing as out of stock from a lot of different online sources, like Partzilla, Yamaha Parts House, etc. Those guys are ecommerce websites, they don't stock many parts if any at all, they are just a point of sale, "pass through" type source.....buy the part from them and it comes out of the one of the OEM's regional warehouses.....I.E. Yamaha is out of stock on this part.....hopefully short term and not discontinued/obsolete.

In-laws have 2 VX110's (I think 05's or 06's) with the same nozzle. Will have to be careful not to break them! They've been very reliable except batteries every few years, stator in 1, fogged gauge cluster in the other.

First advice I can give - scour the web for waverunner/jetski "junkyards", scour ebay....may be able to find a used part or a used nozzle assy that contains the end part you are looking for. Last resort, if all the pieces of your damaged one are available, start getting creative with glue/adhesive/rivets/aluminum strips to reinforce and repair!

Other advice, the VX110 is not really a high performance class machine, but maybe there is an aftermarket "performance" nozzle kit? Greenhulk and Riva Racing are 2 aftermarket outfits that come to mind.

Good luck
Thank you!

dmsrx

Last year I needed a one way clutch for a YXZ Starter. Couldn't find one anyplace.
By chance I found this place in Arizona. Vivid Racing. While on the phone he called his Yamaha rep and the rep found 1 on the East Coast. Bailed my customer out big time. No.other dealers or parts house even tried other than what the screen in front of them said. May be a dead end too but it's worth a call.
Thomasr@vividracing.com
480-966-3040
Good luck.

dmsrx

The only delay is they wouldn't ship directly to me from the east coast so it went to Arizona then me.

pclark

Last year I needed a one way clutch for a YXZ Starter. Couldn't find one anyplace.
By chance I found this place in Arizona. Vivid Racing. While on the phone he called his Yamaha rep and the rep found 1 on the East Coast. Bailed my customer out big time. No.other dealers or parts house even tried other than what the screen in front of them said. May be a dead end too but it's worth a call.
Thomasr@vividracing.com
480-966-3040
Good luck.
Thanks for the info!

snomoman

I am always looking through the free listing on craigslist where stuff is given away for free, occasionally I’ll see wave runners in there, I was looking through it this morning and there was a WaveRunner being given away for free so I thought of this post, I don’t know if you found your part or not but try going through all the various cities within your area, you might get lucky and find one