Need some intel on trailers

wolfriver

I bought a Legend trailer 6 years ago and it still looks great and my dealer has fixed a couple of little issues no questions asked. They are the best when you compar apples to apples.IMO

ezra

we built this for storm chasing this yr it is from Becker trailers built by NEO
8.5x20 +5ftv
we insulated and wired for 12v and 110
led and fluorescent
suburban 35k furnace
2 batteries
900watt converter
charger
pioneer cd/dvd am fm etc etc
40in led tv
Menard's steel cabs with locks
lower cab has wheels
fold up bunks and couch that is also a bed fold flat 7in less than wheel well

amp and volt gauge mounted over dvd so ez to see
100 gal propane
700watt microwave still needs to be bolted under cabs

may be renting by the week to the right guys with CC hold proof of insurance and 1150 week
best way to ride the rockies chase that storm and camp.
batterys will run furnace for 3 days before needed charge can cook with crockpot on med all day with heat on watch tv all night and still not run out.generator will do full charge in about 3hr

Attachments

• IMG126 trailer 2.jpg
    IMG126 trailer 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG128 trailer 3.jpg
    IMG128 trailer 3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG129 trailer 4.jpg
    IMG129 trailer 4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG098trailer.jpg
    IMG098trailer.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

trailerman

Being in the trailer business for over 25 years the best advice i can give you is buy a trailer from a dealership that is in the trailer business and someone that can fix your problems. The old saying " you get what you pay for" has never been more true than the trailers that are being built today. Many of the steel brands are "throw away" trailers and those same brands are now building aluminum trailers and have no business doing them. Remember" quality doesn't cost, it pays" and if you think about that saying, it does make a lot of sense in anything you purchase. The talk out of elkhart ind. (trailer capital of the world) is how cheap can we make something and in the end it is you the consumer who pays.

jonnytalks

Just a thought, got my invite to that becks snow show on black friday. before you make a decision, go there and see the trailers. Last year my brother bought his legend trailmaster there, they do this customer appreciation thing... he got the legend for a price match on another brand (not mentioning name) from the novi show and let's face it, you can't beat that. looks like this year they're doing that snow guide and mat sale and etrack is a crazy low price. we're going.. that taco lady rocks!! kids wont miss it. its on their beckstrailerstore.com site (i think)

mvedepo

HUGE difference between RnR and Legend. I've had my 7x16 RNR for a few years and have been pretty disappointed. I upgraded everything to stainless steel and most of the screws and part of the cambars had to be replaced. The ATP fenders are flimsy, the back up lights were installed so poorly that they fell out on the way home. Factory direct is great.....IF you live near the factory. Anytime I needed work done on my trailer they wanted me to bring it to the factory. The price is great. But it is a classic case of you generally get what you pay for.

My next trailer will be a Legend without a doubt.

polarisrider1

You get what you pay for and my R&R is a pile of junk. It was shiney and cheap, now it is dull and broken. Nobody wants to spend the money for a good trailer so manufacturers make what sells, cheap. Just telling the truth. Absolutely hate my trailer. Got what I paid for. I take pride in what I do and felt others did the same.

markf419

ask about the delivery charge, i got blindsided

Yeah, the old delivery charge trick. I bought my 4 place at John's trailers in Toledo, OH a couple yrs ago. He also has his main lot a short ways into IN. If you buy at the Indiana lot there's no delivery fee. He wanted $175 ship to Toledo but I drove the 2hr round trip and picked it up there with no fee. Said I could also wait till the Novi show and take it from there fee free but I wanted time to personalize it before the snow came. I was quite impressed with the Stealth Predator inlines at Novi this yr.

markf419

Honest reply, I've owned 14 trialers. I learned the hard way what factory direct means.

Agreed. I always buy from a smaller sized dealer as they seem more interested is taking care of you after the sale as they want(need) your return business. I backed mine in the driveway once, bout 4-5 wks after I bought it and got a weee bit too close to the garage. I broke both upper clearance lights, LEDs, I went to where I bought it and they sell for $22 apiece. He didn't have them in stock so he took em off a new trailer and said, here ya go, no charge!

Last edited:

longtrack

Stealth is as good a Trailer as Legend. They are a newer Company that was started by experienced Trailer builders. For now you can buy them for less but they are very busy and I expect their prices to increase.

I did a lot of research and bought a Stealth this year.

Bimmer

I also bought a stealth predator new this year.glad to hear so many people saying good things about them.i think i looked at every trailer made shopped for two months,stealth seemed to offer the best deal from what i could see.will just have to wait and see.got it at petes trailers in rice lake,wi very nice people there.

I really appreciate all the feed back. I will most likely go qo with a legend. I put bet 5-10,000 miles a year on a trailer between sledding and buisness which the trailer doubles as a training unit. I need durabilty and longevity and from the replies I have seen the extra is worth the Legend. Now just deciding which one will be the fun part.
Thanks for all the help, NOW THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ice too!

Ezra- If I had all that in a trailer for training, I'd never get anyone out of the trailer......That includes me! lol
Nice options for sure!

Last edited:

mguzan55

I know this is an old thread but I was so happy with my experience that I told the dealer I would go to any forum I'm apart of and spread the word on the great service.

I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the level of service from Trailers Midwest. Steve and the rest of the crew are fantastic.

I recently purchased a Stealth trailer from them. Let me just say that customer service at the level that they provide is very rare today.

There was a bit of miscommunication on one of the features on the trailer I was looking at and when I came to pick it up was disappointed to see the trailer didn't have what I was expecting. Steve was extremely apologetic, had the feature added to the trailer and delivered it to my house 2 hours away the following week. He could have very easily told me "oh well" but did the complete opposite. He was exactly what I look for in a dealership. I will definitely recommend him to any friends looking for a trailer and will make sure that if I find myself in the market for another trailer will make sure to head to Trailers Midwest!!

Cat600

I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the level of service from Trailers Midwest. Steve and the rest of the crew are fantastic.

Let me just say that customer service at the level that they provide is very rare today.

Easily x2 on that.

Most on my communication was through emails with them. The one call I did get was a final walk through of my order to get everything right, final price and delivery date. Then when I went to pick it up, they mounted the spare tire holder while we did the payment and paperwork. The easiest and best purchase I have probably every made.