Never Forget

favoritos

I remember watching the second plane hit. It was live TV and no one seemed to know what was happening with the first plane. I knew that life here had changed when I saw the second plane hit.

600_RMK_144

I remember watching the second plane hit. It was live TV and no one seemed to know what was happening with the first plane. I knew that life here had changed when I saw the second plane hit.
This morning my (6 year old) son asked why we were wearing our American flag shirts today. I told him something happened on this day and we need to show everyone that WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!! It upsets me that fewer and fewer people seem to remember this date as the years go by. I've worn my shirt on 9/11 every year since.

skiroule

There are some events that have such impact that you’ll always remember where you were and what you were doing when they occurred. The JFK assassination and the World Trade Center attack are two that are in that category for me. Talking with a co-worker on the way into work on Sept. 11, 2001 we were under the impression that it was a small plane that hit the first tower and that it was an accident. Then came the second plane, the collapse of the towers, the crash at the Pentagon, and the crash in Pennsylvania. It became clear that things would never really be the same.

Hopefully the half-staff flags will remind people of what happened this day in 2001 and that we cannot return to the level of complacency that allowed such a small group of individuals to inflict so much suffering and damage.

tomx

Hopefully the half-staff flags will remind people of what happened this day in 2001 and that we cannot return to the level of complacency that allowed such a small group of individuals to inflict so much suffering and damage.

Well said ski.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indeed, well said.

And in case you missed it, here's another Classless Media Moment...

At 8:46 AM, in New York City and at the White House in Washington DC, there was a moment of silence to remember when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. In New York, the NYPD, FDNY, Port Authority Police and the families of the victims were present, while in Washington the President and the First Lady led the moment.

The cable networks all carried it, with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” carrying it as well. The only national general news program to not carry the moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which opted to air an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants.

ezra

it is beyond me why we have a M.L.K.day/washingtons B day/Columbus day all fed holiday and no sept 11 remembrance holiday.

qber

Ezra. I am heavily involved in events each 9/11 honoring those killed by that attack and I am proud to do so. What is important to remember are the loss of lives and the sacrifices by the firefighters and the military.