New Jacket?

packerlandrider

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking about upgrading and getting a new jacket for snowmobiling. I do a mix of riding, mostly off trail riding but still some day rides with my family. Even on days when off trail riding, I often still ride a fair amount of trails to get to spots. I have found that my current jacket is plenty warm, but doesn't offer sufficient ventilation when off trail. I have looked at Klim (especially the Keweenaw) and a little bit of FXR but just wondering if anyone had any input based on personal experiences.

Thanks!

buddah2

Klim is the way to go. Never have to worry about wet, and you can layer for days that change a lot. Pricey but worth it IMHO.

smitty440

I've got the keeweenaw and love it. Cold days I can get away with wearing a mid weight base with my tekvest. Warm days I've been able to wear short sleeved shirt and tekvest. 30 degrees and warmer. The jacket has plenty of vents to cool you off if you are getting warm. I find it comfortable because I do not have bulk up with extra layers because of the insulation in the jacket.

whitedust

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking about upgrading and getting a new jacket for snowmobiling. I do a mix of riding, mostly off trail riding but still some day rides with my family. Even on days when off trail riding, I often still ride a fair amount of trails to get to spots. I have found that my current jacket is plenty warm, but doesn't offer sufficient ventilation when off trail. I have looked at Klim (especially the Keweenaw) and a little bit of FXR but just wondering if anyone had any input based on personal experiences.

Thanks!

Throw in Motorfist & you have the best covered. Do you ride with protection? If you don't that comes 1st ( many choices) I like sixsixone because it breaths. Protection changes fit & is like another layer so must be considered 1st. I like lots of vents to cool off & keep fleece in bag for subzero days on grades.