New sled

sledneck

Im thinking about a new mountain sled come next sept. im really interested what people have experienced with the cat, pro, and the summits. No 4 strokes been there done that. looking at an 800. how the engines holding up and such. any info would be great. please no brand bashing.

doospunk

Im thinking about a new mountain sled come next sept. im really interested what people have experienced with the cat, pro, and the summits. No 4 strokes been there done that. looking at an 800. how the engines holding up and such. any info would be great. please no brand bashing.

Just my .02, but unless someone responds who owns an 800 of each and has extensive saddle time in all three, you'll just get biased opinions. Myself............, I've had Doo's for years, and swapped out my 09 800 Summit for the 2013 XM 800. 125 miles on it so far. I can notice a big difference in ease of flickability between the two, but other than that......., I haven't put enough time on it yet to really get a feel for all the changes. The Doo 800's are a strong reliable engine with good fuel and oil economy on the E-Tecs.

Your best bet is to probably go rent or test all three, and see what feels best for you. At this point....., all three manufactureres make a pretty good engine, so it comes down to your own preference for feel, fit, and finish.