new sleds tonight and no chatter?

Hoosier

I like how they named the engine sizes - 5000/6000/7000/8000/9000. Good way to see how the 2 and 4 strokes all fit together in terms of power.

ezra

that 600 is a new take on meeting epa
still using throttle body but also computer controlled oil pump to limit oil use.
and what is up with the black magic sled wrap are they opening up again? if so do
i get my old race program discount account back also LOL.
back to the oil pump control flow ok cool .
IMHO part of the reason the new DI sleds are not seeing long life is the lack of oil use
so if cat is using this oil pump controlled by the ecu no reason they wont make a box boondocker/dynojet/etc]to control oil flow so the end user can squirt a tad more in to the case for that warm fuzzy feeling

ezra

looks like not a ton of faith in the new 600 only available in 1 sled the el tigre.
who is up to pay $11500 for a job as test mule?

ezra

how well do u think a bag of oil is going to stand up to the usual trailer packing and bouncing down the road falling off the shelf bouncing in the sled trunk

Glad to see they came back out with a 600. But whats up with the name CTEC? Must be a marketing stradegy to sound like ETEC(a proven tech). I like the orange and black graphics. So far I'd say AC inspired their faithful better than Doo and Yamahacat. Lets see what poo does.

T

Team Elkhorn

I call dibs on the ZR 7000 LXR. In green of course.:D

Hmmm... Did they change their website? I just noticed that the ZR 7000 LXR is no longer available in green. I know I showed at least a dozen people yesterday morning "my next new sled" and it was available in green. Oh well, I guess I can wait till 2015 to see if they offer it in green then. Its probably going to be my last new sled so I'm going to keep it a long, long time. And for $12,000 it should be the right color.;)

whitedust

Yikes!! Lots to sort out with Yamaha & AC on 4s side + AC new 600 2s engine then Doo has expanded air suspension so need to sort that out too. Websites not clear on all details so going to take some digging to get my head around new stuff.

Stack

Glad to see they came back out with a 600. But whats up with the name CTEC? Must be a marketing stradegy to sound like ETEC(a proven tech). I like the orange and black graphics. So far I'd say AC inspired their faithful better than Doo and Yamahacat. Lets see what poo does.

CTec was out long before the etec in sled use, cat started using that terminology on the T660 sleds for "clean technology"

But if you include the 2004 Evinrude outboard etecs then I suppose they would have been first.

Stack

Last edited: