New Tires

Winterrules

I am looking at new Prodigy H/T from Discount Tire for my Trailblazer, does anyone have experience with this brand? The review's online are positive.

indy_500

I bought my truck with them on there. They didn't quite have 30000 miles on them and they were bald. The truck was an 05 Silverado.

indy_500

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what happened I only left them on for a month before replacing them with Goodyear duratracs

D

Deleted member 10829

Was told by a reliable source they are good for 50,000 if rotation is kept up

50,000 is all? They better be cheap then! I'm at 238,000 on my F150 crew cab and am nearing the end of my 3rd set of tires, including the originals, so I'm getting 80,000 per set on average. I got close to 84,000 on the factory tires!

polarisrider1

50,000 is all? They better be cheap then! I'm at 238,000 on my F150 crew cab and am nearing the end of my 3rd set of tires, including the originals, so I'm getting 80,000 per set on average. I got close to 84,000 on the factory tires!

Load that 1/2 ton down with 2500 to 3000 pounds daily and see how long they last. Nothing makes me laugh morethen watching all these GM retires in my hood with a 3/4 ton crew cab grocery getters who forget the stock tires have been replaced twice and then say, "oh these tires are original". (my rant).

ezra

340 otd thats crazy.
I had to drop 1300 for ltx 10 ply for my ford.
I hate buying tires.
and Mpease u wont get any place close to that with a New ford.
my set on the 12 made 26k and were shot 2 bald 2 post the wear bar.
my bud has same truck with 20 k on it he is almost to wear bars. same story from lots of guys about fords goodforayr tires I
best thing U can do with a new ford is negotiate new tread before u buy

D

Deleted member 10829

I planned on that after hearing earlier stories, including yours. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

fredster

I took a look at the reviews on the Prodigy and they are positive, but I didn't see many comments about severe weather or deep snow - the tread is not a snow or AT style. They are the Yokohama-made "budget tire, for what it's worth.

After having a bad winter experience with "4 season" tires (spinout on ice with an enclosed trailer, no damage but a $300 bill to be winched out...what a ride!), I run dedicated snows in the winter and AT's the rest of the year. I have the Goodyear Silent Armor's on my Silverado and other than a MPG drop from my non-AT tires I'm very happy with them. Just installed Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's on my son's truck after reading many postive comments and reviews on them, and they're reasonably priced and get great reviews, too.

If you don't head north from Albion very often, and can really slow down in bad conditions, and try to avoid driving through 2 feet of snow, those tires should work fine. But I think you'll find the tread pattern lacking for up north/deep snow conditions.....

Let us know what you get and how they work and good luck!

Winterrules

I do believe that you get what you pay for too. This tire is adequate for 95% of my driving conditions. Most of my trips north are with friends that have 4x4 HD trucks, and here in southern Michigan our winters are not that bad. My Trailblazer has 183,000 + miles, still runs great, but can't justify spending much money for something that could last 3 more days or 3 more years. Thank you, for all the input.

D

Deleted member 10829

Based on that information I'd say you made a very wise decision!

indy_500

340 otd thats crazy.
I had to drop 1300 for ltx 10 ply for my ford.
I hate buying tires.
and Mpease u wont get any place close to that with a New ford.
my set on the 12 made 26k and were shot 2 bald 2 post the wear bar.
my bud has same truck with 20 k on it he is almost to wear bars. same story from lots of guys about fords goodforayr tires I
best thing U can do with a new ford is negotiate new tread before u buy
Nothing to do with goodyear. They put cheap passenger rated tires on all new trucks. My buddies duratracs on his 97 silverado are going on 60k and still have 1/4 tread. load range e. Most people look at them and mistake them for a mud tire.