NFL Draft next week!

snobuilder

Jay Cutler and Kevin Burnhart on FOX will cover the Bears first game this season.
Gawd I hope they cover the Bears Pack as well.
NFL ......pure entertainment.

momoney2123

Talking heads started on Fox already he won't have much of a chance to win with Glennon and Trubisky needs 2-3 year contract extension to work with Trubisky. Many see it same way as me... Glennon loses with crummy team so Fox tees up Trubisky for the rest of season week 8-10 or so. I have no idea how Glennon will play or keep a positive attiude when he knows he is NOT the QB of the future. Only hope for Glennon is to win right away but I don't think he can carry an inferior team to a string of Ws.

I think they are better than most give them credit for. If they can find some good cb play the defense is legit. Need help at O tackle but other than that at times matt Barkley lit up the scoreboard with that offensive group. WR needs white to step up but i like the few guys they got in FA. Miller at TE has always been good reciecer if he can stay healthy and the word is the bears rookie TE is baby gronk.

Everyone is giving the woe is me about glennon. Welp time for him if he wants to proove he can play. If im him i say lets go. He made 18.5 mill gaurenteed if he plays well he will get another deal. Lot of incentives to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict the bears go 7-9and start to look like a real team. I just hope glennon makes it hard for the bears to move on from him. Win or lose trubisky doesnt play the whole year unless he really proves he is ready. If the bears suck it up and cant protect the QB the worst thing they can do is thro him in the fire.

whitedust

I think they are better than most give them credit for. If they can find some good cb play the defense is legit. Need help at O tackle but other than that at times matt Barkley lit up the scoreboard with that offensive group. WR needs white to step up but i like the few guys they got in FA. Miller at TE has always been good reciecer if he can stay healthy and the word is the bears rookie TE is baby gronk.

Everyone is giving the woe is me about glennon. Welp time for him if he wants to proove he can play. If im him i say lets go. He made 18.5 mill gaurenteed if he plays well he will get another deal. Lot of incentives to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict the bears go 7-9and start to look like a real team. I just hope glennon makes it hard for the bears to move on from him. Win or lose trubisky doesnt play the whole year unless he really proves he is ready. If the bears suck it up and cant protect the QB the worst thing they can do is thro him in the fire.

No one knows how these Bears will play but 7-9 would be a great turaround in 2017. I would luv to see it but FAs will have to step up and play better than they have in the past. I'm sure there will be some pleasant surprises but this team will have to play very well to reach 7-9....5-11 is more likley. Preseason will tell us something about Glennon, WRs ,TEs , new RBs and O line. Prolly not going to see much of 1st team D in preseason but D not all that bad last year. White either becomes average at best or a complete bust and use him in the slot not as burner deep threat. I would think Pace will be done with White if he can't run routes or show speed and power running after the catch. I'm not seeing much skill with White but maybe 2 broken legs have curtailed his NFL ability....a shame but it happens.

momoney2123

whitedust

Starting to get more pumped about trubisky.....man does he have a smooth stroke

didn't realized he had such high completion percentage and high TD to pic ratio. 41 TDs with 10 pics, 4 of which came his freshman year. last year 30-6 as a junior. The One thing that concerned me about Watson....lots of pics...17 last year alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8TDtGI248

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/21/...trubisky-north-carolina-tar-heels-quarterback

I like how Mitch can move in the pocket but only moves when he has to when protection breaks down. Most of the other QBs in the draft would run first throw second and need to learn to step up in the pocket. The other side of it what happens when a 300 lb rusher with speed comes at him?...me.... I would run away as fast as I could to avoid becoming squashed road kill..lol.. Mitch seems to be accurate which is good but how all this translates to the NFL is the test. I do want to see Mitch play in preseason play 1 Quarter or so each game ... see how he does?

momoney2123

Yes he is def a pass first guy, which all the best in NFL are and always will be. He does have some nice athletic ability when the protection breaks down, may I even say a few of those plays look like someone familiar to a team to the north. :cool2:

Some of those deep balls were dimes as well....reminded me of that guy on the patriots, LOL!

But all the ability in the world means squat if you aren't mentally tough and can handle the pressure that's comes with being an NFL QB

whitedust

Back up the truck Pace making room for the new kids Royal and Sutton released more to come lots of undrafted RBs,WR, LB, D line and O line Rookies. Carey as good as gone, imo,Laski dumped yesterday. I'm thinking nothing but new no name young Bears this season. Rookie Camp begins now competition at every position including kicker!! No idea if they can play but sure will be a young team.lol... Royal and Sutton will hook up elsewhere but not good enough for Bears this season.

timo

Yes he is def a pass first guy, which all the best in NFL are and always will be. He does have some nice athletic ability when the protection breaks down, may I even say a few of those plays look like someone familiar to a team to the north. :cool2:

Stop it already momoney.

momoney2123

Back up the truck Pace making room for the new kids Royal and Sutton released more to come lots of undrafted RBs,WR, LB, D line and O line Rookies. Carey as good as gone, imo,Laski dumped yesterday. I'm thinking nothing but new no name young Bears this season. Rookie Camp begins now competition at every position including kicker!! No idea if they can play but sure will be a young team.lol... Royal and Sutton will hook up elsewhere but not good enough for Bears this season.

Not really any suprises there. Royal was cutlers guy and old and slow anymore. Nice possession slot guy in his prime but thats about it. Dline has no room for sutton and he was never anygood anyway.

whitedust

Not really any suprises there. Royal was cutlers guy and old and slow anymore. Nice possession slot guy in his prime but thats about it. Dline has no room for sutton and he was never anygood anyway.

Just the start before anyone plays old average talent will be released making room for new and young. I like it! Sends the correct message to the players. :) Miller IDK maybe he stays if he can stay healthy but loaded at TE.

momoney2123

Stop it already momoney.

More I read and watch the kid the more I like about him.

I think some packers fans are a little concerned the bears actually have a future at the position.

whitedust

More I read and watch the kid the more I like about him.

I think some packers fans are a little concerned the bears actually have a future at the position.

Whooa here...lol...Mich not a doo and has to prove performance on the field...lol. Mich just a well paid new kid on the block and we hope he hones his QBs skills and becomes a good player and leader. No other way but watch him play when the time comes hope for the best.

momoney2123

Whooa here...lol...Mich not a doo and has to prove performance on the field...lol. Mich just a well paid new kid on the block and we hope he hones his QBs skills and becomes a good player and leader. No other way but watch him play when the time comes hope for the best.

Yes, but I like what ive seen thus far. where he has come from, what he has had to go thru and how he appears to command respect from piers. Its the most hope the bears have ever had at the position.

PS if he is anything doo like....well super bowls will be a common thing for da bears, HA!

momoney2123

New Intel From NFL Scouts On Trubisky Will Shock Bears Fans

The Chicago Bears Mitch Trubisky draft narrative was pretty much set by the national media seconds after the pick was made. Tones may have differed, but the general opinion was the same. Not only had the Bears taken a player many felt wasn’t worth that high a pick, but they’d given up way too much in their trade from #3 to #2 to secure him.

For the next week the organization took hellacious beating from the press. Some went so far as to call it the move that would get GM Ryan Pace fired. Never mind the fact that several respected pundits like Peter King, Ron Wolf and Bill Polian applauded the move. Both for its execution and intention. It was a dumb, dumb, dumb decision.

Or was it? Steadily over the past couple weeks more and more information has come out. Sources that continue to hint the Bears not only got the best quarterback in the draft, but maybe the best one to come out of college in years.

Chicago Bears Mitch Trubisky move a brilliant ploy?

Pace said after he made the move to get Trubisky that he felt it unwise to sit on his hands. He wants to be great. He thinks the young QB is a huge step towards that. John Mullin of CSN Chicago continued to reach out around the league for opinions on the subject. Some of the responses he got back were surprising. In the best way possible.

“Two AFC scouts revealed that they had the highest grade on Trubisky that they’d had on any quarterback over the past six years. That means: higher than Jameis Winston; higher than Marcus Mariota; higher than Cam Newton; higher than Russell Wilson; higher than Andrew Luck; higher than Derek Carr; higher than Carson Wentz.

The evaluation of one NFC regional scouting team was that “Trubisky is an almost perfect quarterback prospect” and that ‘the Bears should count their lucky stars he only started 13 games because if he was a two-year starter, he goes 1/1 [overall No. 1] without hesitation.”

Wow. That’s quite the high praise. In a way it makes sense. Throughout the draft process, the singular issue every expert raised about Trubisky was the same. He doesn’t have the experience. He hasn’t played enough games. Not his size or his arm strength, accuracy, poise, leadership or work ethic. Just the fact he chose to come out of college after just 13 career starts. Some hold the belief he’d be the hands down top pick in the 2018 draft had he gone back for another year.

think.PNG

whitedust

Mo you sure are all in!! lol... I'm a Bears Fan but a real world show me type of guy. NFL football is a brutal sport and injury could wreck the most promising rookies and FAs. That is why NFL is called not for long. I think Pace has done all he can within the system to try & improve this team but the best of FAs don't want to play for the Bears...hopefully the Bears will start to win and Trubisky is the real deal but just a pipe dream for now for a winning team. I didn't think the Bears were as bad as they seemed but 3-13 is BAD and 500 seems to be a lofty goal for 2017 ....it is feeling more like 3-13 again or maybe 5-11 the competition is better than the Bears appear at this point in the season.