NFL Draft next week!

momoney2123

Yeah I saw that been talking to Pace for about 2 weeks or so. I wonder if Cruz has to make the team or no cut 1 year FA contract? Cruz was great in his early days then prodcution dropped way off after injuries. I have to wonder if he still has the skills to be effective???

Pretty sure the money is guaranteed....I dunno.....if he still has some speed he will be nice in the slot

whitedust

Pretty sure the money is guaranteed....I dunno.....if he still has some speed he will be nice in the slot

Yes at best a slot guy that knows how to run routes but can he still do it? In any event the Bears are very soft on good route runners with White the worst I've seen in many years. With the ball in the air you better be where you are supposed to be and White too many times just stopped mid route or his route was not tight. Brady would have an on the field hissy fit if he had to deal with Bear WRs...lol

whitedust

Last year the Bears were a depth nightmare at every position so Pace signed a bunch of 1 year FAs. How much better these dudes play together is a huge unknown. The Bears finally have some real competition at QB that could be starters rather than being mired in the Cutler mess due to his contract. I'm seeing some estimates of 6 wins for the Bears....I sure don't know but don't expect much improvement in 2017 on the W side... 2018 yes the Bears better be competitive or shake up coming. The Bears could be like Oakland if Glennon and Trubisky can play the other positions are not great but pretty good on paper.

timo

yah ummmmmm I don't even know where to begin here. stop the madness....

I'll just remind you they were 3-13 last year added some dude who runs the spread offense (them guys always have successful careers in the NFL) played 17 college games at perianal powerhouse of football NC and added Victor Cruz (5 season too late),,, and they got the best line up in the NFL!??

They must have the worst coach in the NFL then.

snocrazy

Us Bears fans are just over excited... Been a long time since there was any hope. All that bottled up over the years. This is what you get.

momoney2123

yah ummmmmm I don't even know where to begin here. stop the madness....

I'll just remind you they were 3-13 last year added some dude who runs the spread offense (them guys always have successful careers in the NFL) played 17 college games at perianal powerhouse of football NC and added Victor Cruz (5 season too late),,, and they got the best line up in the NFL!??

They must have the worst coach in the NFL then.

Bears graded out at a higher average grade than all other teams in NFC north...not the whole NFL??? I didn't grade them...pro football focus did.....

Bears were 3-13 with tons of injuries and added new pieces to most of those holes. This has nothing to do with last year...its NOW

They also had barkley and hoyer starting at QB.

If the packers had barkley and hoyer at QB last year, not sure they win 1 game.

PS. Trubisky is not involved in that grade. Glennon is the starter.

1 more thing...successful QBs who ran the spread in college.....Drew brees, cam newton, big ben, Philip rivers....

Heck most of the prolific NFL offenses now fall into the spread category...including....GREEN BAY!!!!!!

So I don't buy that spread logic anymore...

- - - Updated - - -

Us Bears fans are just over excited... Been a long time since there was any hope. All that bottled up over the years. This is what you get.

And yes this is also true!!!!

Last edited:

timo

I don't care what this Pro football whatever says,,,,, they're not the most talented team in the NFC North

Everyone has injuries it's part of the game.

Their D is average to below average they were in the bottom echelon is points allowed. Their DB's are not good.
Their O line is average.
Their WR's are some of the worst in the league.
Their TE",,,,???
Their kicker can't make extra points.

How are Barkley and Hoyer any different than Glennon?? Beside a **** of a lot cheaper.
For every Brees and Rivers I'll raise you a Gabbert, RG3, Weeden, Manziel, Ware,,,,etc,,,,,,,
GB runs a west coast not spread,,,, there is a difference.

Bears graded out at a higher average grade than all other teams in NFC north...not the whole NFL??? I didn't grade them...pro football focus did.....

Bears were 3-13 with tons of injuries and added new pieces to most of those holes. This has nothing to do with last year...its NOW

1 more thing...successful QBs who ran the spread in college.....Drew brees, cam newton, big ben, Philip rivers....

Heck most of the prolific NFL offenses now fall into the spread category...including....GREEN BAY!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

whitedust

- - - Updated - - -

Packer fans have to think about the turnover of the Oline. Rogers as great as he is does'nt do real well when constantly running for his life remember last year before the Oline jelled the Pack was not looking to even make the playoffs then they ran the table & found a RB. Coach M is a great coach but is making the playoffs asking too much of him this year with this team? The Lions look good and Vikings some what better but can Zimmer coach this year with his eye problems? If the Bears pick up 6 wins some of those will be in the North so maybe they split with some North foes. IDK but I see plenty of holes in the entire North some are better than last year on paper but key injuries could wipe out any improvement. The Bears not so much Pace learned from last year and signed a lot of depth only question I have is can these new guys play well together .. imo... prolly need another year to jell.

momoney2123

I don't care what this Pro football whatever says,,,,, they're not the most talented team in the NFC North

Everyone has injuries it's part of the game.

Their D is average to below average they were in the bottom echelon is points allowed. Their DB's are not good.
Their O line is average.
Their WR's are some of the worst in the league.
Their TE",,,,???
Their kicker can't make extra points.

How are Barkley and Hoyer any different than Glennon?? Beside a **** of a lot cheaper.
For every Brees and Rivers I'll raise you a Gabbert, RG3, Weeden, Manziel, Ware,,,,etc,,,,,,,
GB runs a west coast not spread,,,, there is a difference.

Every team has injuries..yep...I agree...bears just had more than normal at key positions

This is why u cant revert back to last year. The DBs are not the same as last year

Interior Oline is way above average, outside is average

WRs will be where they surprise people but as of today they have to prove it.

TE is one of stronger positions with miller, sims and shaheen.

Comon..even you know it doesn't get worse than barkley and hoyer.....glennon at least has pretty good numbers and experience for being on the worst team in NFL last time he started.

QBs have failed who ran the spread..more than succeeded..i agree....but to say that's your only reason he will fail...is good news in my book. Not he doesn't have a good arm, is mobile, can read defenses, hardworker....etc...

So the packers don't run most plays out of shotgun or pistol with 3 or 4 wide? haha The west coast is a derivative of the spread design...just sayin...that all relate.

timo

seeing as we won't solve anything here until games are played we'll just see "how this most talented team in the NFC North" fare's this season then we can go back to these post's for reference. I'm fired up expecting big things from the "most talented team in the NFC North" this year.

Every team has injuries..yep...I agree...bears just had more than normal at key positions

This is why u cant revert back to last year. The DBs are not the same as last year

Interior Oline is way above average, outside is average

WRs will be where they surprise people but as of today they have to prove it.

TE is one of stronger positions with miller, sims and shaheen.

Comon..even you know it doesn't get worse than barkley and hoyer.....glennon at least has pretty good numbers and experience for being on the worst team in NFL last time he started.

QBs have failed who ran the spread..more than succeeded..i agree....but to say that's your only reason he will fail...is good news in my book. Not he doesn't have a good arm, is mobile, can read defenses, hardworker....etc...

So the packers don't run most plays out of shotgun or pistol with 3 or 4 wide? haha The west coast is a derivative of the spread design...just sayin...that all relate.

momoney2123

seeing as we won't solve anything here until games are played we'll just see "how this most talented team in the NFC North" fare's this season then we can go back to these post's for reference. I'm fired up expecting big things from the "most talented team in the NFC North" this year.

'Most talented team in NFC north'? ..... its saying Highest graded OVERALL roster.....not weighing any positions more than others...but as we know aaron Rodgers disguises a lot of packers weaknesses...skewing the results(WINS) of the overall team. he is the trump card. no one here is saying the bears are gona win the division unless mike glennon out plays aaron Rodgers. which is not likely. all it is saying is the bears overall roster is the highest graded, not that the bears are gona win the division or they are gona win a bunch of games..sheesh.

Let me ask you this question, what would the packers record have been last year without aaron Rodgers? 0-16?

whitedust

Whew...Close call with releasing Shaw then Sanchez sustained a minor injury in Tuesday's OTA practice then recalling Shaw off waviers . Sanchez is expected to miss the rest of the OTAs. Writing on the wall for Shaw, as I thought, but Idk about him seems to be an effective QB that moves very well and very young. Prolly would be best for Shaw to be released early but he will be picked up by a few teams as he looked very good in limited opportunities. Shaw's opportunites in preeason after Culter and Hoyer both sucked Shaw moved the team and scored a couple of times before he broke his leg. Something about Shaw raising the play of others...this kid has something!

timo

prolly the exact same record. if you recall last year after about the first 10 games Rodgers had the lowest overall QB rating in the league. he wasn't doing us any favors by any means.

since you brought it up what is the difference between highest graded OVERALL roster vs most talented team? aren't you really splitting hairs at this point?

if this "highest graded nfc north" hogwash is to believed and with the Bears paying Glennon major $$$ in FA to be their QB this year I would expect nothing short of a division title and playoff berth. NO?? I mean only makes sense. Right?? Yes,,, I know it don't make sense because this "highest graded or most talented team" however you want to coin it is blasphemy. I watched a lot of Bears games and my eyes don't lie.

With a 19 mill a year QB (making about as much as Rodgers) and the "highest graded nfc north" proclamation start sewing your division banner and get your popcorn out gonna be a **** of a season.

'Most talented team in NFC north'? ..... its saying Highest graded OVERALL roster.....not weighing any positions more than others...but as we know aaron Rodgers disguises a lot of packers weaknesses...skewing the results(WINS) of the overall team. he is the trump card. no one here is saying the bears are gona win the division unless mike glennon out plays aaron Rodgers. which is not likely. all it is saying is the bears overall roster is the highest graded, not that the bears are gona win the division or they are gona win a bunch of games..sheesh.

Let me ask you this question, what would the packers record have been last year without aaron Rodgers? 0-16?

momoney2123

Whew...Close call with releasing Shaw then Sanchez sustained a minor injury in Tuesday's OTA practice then recalling Shaw off waviers . Sanchez is expected to miss the rest of the OTAs. Writing on the wall for Shaw, as I thought, but Idk about him seems to be an effective QB that moves very well and very young. Prolly would be best for Shaw to be released early but he will be picked up by a few teams as he looked very good in limited opportunities. Shaw's opportunites in preeason after Culter and Hoyer both sucked Shaw moved the team and scored a couple of times before he broke his leg. Something about Shaw raising the play of others...this kid has something!

Glad they still have him, wana see him play just for the hope there's the .00001% chance he becomes kurt warner, both not being drafted. Sanchez is nothing but there to help trubisky not sure its worth the roster spot.

momoney2123

prolly the exact same record. if you recall last year after about the first 10 games Rodgers had the lowest overall QB rating in the league. he wasn't doing us any favors by any means.

since you brought it up what is the difference between highest graded OVERALL roster vs most talented team? aren't you really splitting hairs at this point?

if this "highest graded nfc north" hogwash is to believed and with the Bears paying Glennon major $$$ in FA to be their QB this year I would expect nothing short of a division title and playoff berth. NO?? I mean only makes sense. Right?? Yes,,, I know it don't make sense because this "highest graded or most talented team" however you want to coin it is blasphemy. I watched a lot of Bears games and my eyes don't lie.

With a 19 mill a year QB (making about as much as Rodgers) and the "highest graded nfc north" proclamation start sewing your division banner and get your popcorn out gonna be a **** of a season.

Good thing there is google. Rodgers QB rating thru 10 games......96.82. lowest in league? dont think thats a true statement. Finished season with 104 rating. 2 games last year he had over a 115 rating and they still lost

N ext year he makes 20.3 million, glennon 14 million. that 6.3 million difference would net 2 good players or 1 very good player, close but not as close as the 1.3 difference mentioned. I do think rodgers is drastically underpaid in terms of his value to the team. hence the rumors of him wanting 30M a year. glennon may be slightly over paid but thats the market for a QB.

By you saying the packers would have same record as bears last year...3-13 without rodgers is essentially saying the same thing that PFF grade is saying.the overall roster grades are not far apart given 1 player will not impact the overall grade very much. if they weighed positions, then yes no doubt the packers have a higher grade as the QB position as we know is the most important and has by far the most impact on a teams W/L

What they are saying is as simple as this...

if glennon plays better than rodgers, the bears will win more games than the packers, given the bears roster is slightly higher graded. as we know this is not likely or even kinda of insane to imagine.

This isnt my grade, its PFF's grade. Just thought it was worth discussion. GO BEARS!!!

Last edited:

timo

https://twitter.com/henrygpromo/status/778629601723506688/photo/1

Michael David Smith
✔ ‎@MichaelDavSmith

Last 16 games:
Aaron Rodgers: 3,709 yards, 57.3%, 6.2 yards per pass
Jay Cutler: 3,807 yards, 65.1%, 7.7 yards per pass

7:10 AM - 22 Sep 2016

Rodgers was ranked 34 out of 34 qb's after week 5 of last season. going back to middle of last year vs Denver he'd been awful.

Glennon is making 18.5 mill guaranteed, this year he'll make 16 mill with a team option next year.

Good thing there is google. Rodgers QB rating thru 10 games......96.82. lowest in league? dont think thats a true statement. Finished season with 104 rating. 2 games last year he had over a 115 rating and they still lost

N ext year he makes 20.3 million, glennon 14 million. that 6.3 million difference would net 2 good players or 1 very good player, close but not as close as the 1.3 difference mentioned. I do think rodgers is drastically underpaid in terms of his value to the team. hence the rumors of him wanting 30M a year. glennon may be slightly over paid but thats the market for a QB.

By you saying the packers would have same record as bears last year...3-13 without rodgers is essentially saying the same thing that PFF grade is saying.the overall roster grades are not far apart given 1 player will not impact the overall grade very much. if they weighed positions, then yes no doubt the packers have a higher grade as the QB position as we know is the most important and has by far the most impact on a teams W/L

What they are saying is as simple as this...

if glennon plays better than rodgers, the bears will win more games than the packers, given the bears roster is slightly higher graded. as we know this is not likely or even kinda of insane to imagine.

This isnt my grade, its PFF's grade. Just thought it was worth discussion. GO BEARS!!!

timo

Mo you can twist the numbers all you want but the basically the after the middle of 2015 after Broncos game to middle of last year when Rodgers finally pulled his head out of his a$$ he was the worst rated QB in the league. Can't believe you don't recall the talk from last year about what's wrong with Rodgers. Look it up. So for you to say the Pack win because and only because of Rodgers ( basically you are ) is far from the fact.

whitedust

Yep Rogers sucked first half of 2016 lots of heat on Lacy regarding weight, no separation with WRs, Oline had major holes Rogers running for his life looked like one more loss and season would be over. Then the improvable run started to happen to keep playoff hopes alive. I don't think many thought it could happen but it did. My problem is The Pack is prolly worse off than 16 with the D and Oline has to rebuild after FA loss....Idk about them but Rogers is a winner!