No Grooming Baraga Club

old abe

We were through the Baraga area last weekend. Nestoria trail was fair but maybe groomed once this year! The pipeline had been groomed a couple of times and on the way back had been groomed again....good. Coming from Big Bay on their section of trail: we had just rode 24 miles of fresh...DOUBLE GROOMED.. on Big Bay 500 trail and at baraga line it was piss poor! There was plenty of snow until you got right down to Lanse then the snow was ok .......stopped to talk to the groomer at Baraga convention and tourism, he was fueling up, mentioned how poor Nestoria was and coming back from Big Bay. He said they were going to be ON IT this week, we'll see, we're going through Nestoria tomorrow.
So Baraga says they are going to get on it, eh? Yeah, well, good luck with that happening!

dfattack

It's a shame since there is plenty of snow to work with up there. The only rough section of trails all day was 15 from Sidnaw to L'Anse. 107, 15 south down to Iron River and 2 from Watesmeet all the way to Florence was all great. Not too crowded but definitely have people out having fun enjoying the snow.

whitedust

It's a shame since there is plenty of snow to work with up there. The only rough section of trails all day was 15 from Sidnaw to L'Anse. 107, 15 south down to Iron River and 2 from Watesmeet all the way to Florence was all great. Not too crowded but definitely have people out having fun enjoying the snow.
That’s a long ride of crap. That’s coming off my ride list just can’t trust it anymore

old abe

Uh no. They aren’t “on it” . Just passed through. Rough
Yeah, well no surprise what so ever, eh! Baraga's bunch of shameful BS. Such a good area to get wasted. Too bad they don't apply themselves to grooming, as they do to their dishonest BS! Very, very sad.

dfattack

On a positive note I was able to test the new ride and the suspension and all I can say is WOW. Made this rough section tolerable.

dfattack

How is the heavy steering doing are you getting it dialed in any better?
Not yet. I think I’m just getting used to it and to be honest I’ve stayed away from the twisties:)

Yesterday was a mix of some twisties but mostly grades or trails like 107. I did ride our 2021 850 XRS and was a little lighter steering but not much so I really think I was just spoiled with the power steering. Or…maybe my arms are getting used to it!

whitedust

Not yet. I think I’m just getting used to it and to be honest I’ve stayed away from the twisties:)

Yesterday was a mix of some twisties but mostly grades or trails like 107. I did not our 2021 850 XRS was a little lighter steering but not much so I really think I was just spoiled with the power steering. Or…maybe my arms are getting used to it!
The comparo would be to my Enduro with navigators and TS skis. I missed eps too but didn’t feel my Enduro was causing me too much discomfort. I did have tired arms 15 n from 2 to the Amasa/Sidnaw split then dialed in more carbide on way back from there and steering seemed to lighten up. I was surprised more carbide exposure had that effect but same trail same time place and snow conditions. I now wondering if 7” would be better than 5” and Ben at Lando has in stock.

dfattack

Also move your riser front and back it makes a big difference in steering too on 900ts.
Very true. Had it all the way back (towards back of sled) and that wasn’t too comfortable. Now it’s more forward and that was much better

Last edited: