not good news for Polaris sled owners

euphoric1

Rumored that issue with fuel pumps? not trying to beat dead horse but i still don't understand the buildup of static charge as the sled sat in storage. Was there a slight parasitic draw the fuel pump had while at rest? with the supply chain issues hopefully Polaris can find a way to fix promptly as we are only a few months away.

wisco-mb

Finally got my letter in the mail yesterday. I have 3 sleds affected by this.

I was reading the snowgoer article on this:
The fix varies between the three pumps, but each one has been identified and is going through testing, we were told. Each will involve removing those fuel pumps and either replacing the fuel pump or modifying them before reinstalling.
Polaris officials also said that they are investigating ways to send help to dealerships once the fixes get the OK, because they obviously have a LOT of snowmobiles to fix across the Snowbelt.

That's not exactly a quick fix!
Keep the fuel fresh, and ride away this year boys! I doubt it will be fixed soon, since it has to go through the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

euphoric1

Still don't understand the difference between fresh and stale fuel, my line of work tells me fresh fuel far more volatile, I think it isn't more so the fuel as much as it is the static energy that may get stored over prolonged time without use and the immediate discharge of it but...who am I, the theory of stale fuel makes no sense, hopefully they get a fix soon!

kraven700

Did they ever resolve this issue? Just curious with the amount of sleds affected.
Updates are available
Contact your dealer for availability

We have reservations for next week for all (3) of our sleds

Dealer said approximately 45 minutes per sled