OFF TRAIL riders Matt Entz is coming to the U.P.

That seems a little high for two days.

The purpose of this clinic is to teach the growing off trail community the proper techniques to improve their riding level. So many people want to advance from guys who are just converting from trail riding or guys further along in their ability. The mountains can intimidate some and doing something like this in an enviroment they are comfortable will give them some confidence to actually make the journy to them. $600 to be trained by a professional rider for two days is a lot cheaper than a plane ticket, lodging, sled rental and meals to advance your riding. We do have some techincal riding here in Michigan and pictures will tell the story after the event. Nothing will replace the actual mountains, dangers are different, air is thinner, snow is different and mistakes can cost you your life. Here we don't have to worry about avalanches, thin air or plummiting 1000's of feet if you make a mistake.

The Basic class is strickly for guys getting into off trail riding and Matt is a born teacher who has a lot of patience to teach even the greenest rider.

The Advanced class is for guys looking to get into more techincal riding that out west offers.

Basic Skillz clinic
NO off trail experience required! You must have a modern mountain or crossover snowmobile with a minimum track length of 136".
We will be teaching the following to build strong fundamentals and confidence:
-throttle control
-body position
-using the brake
-carving/powder turns
-off trail navigation
-vision of possibilities
-getting sled on edge
-riding with sled on edge(wrong foot forward)
-maintaining sled control
-maneuvering around obstacles
-getting unstuck efficiently
-jumping

Advanced Skillz clinic
Previous off trail/backcountry riding experience REQUIRED! You must be on a modern mountain snowmobile with a minimum track length of 144". You need to be able to get your snowmobile on edge and ride in that position. We will briefly go over the same information and techniques listed above. Our focus will be applying each of those aspects to specific situations and challenging you as a rider. As your technique improves and you build confidence, we will move in to more advanced terrain.

classicchick

I hope he devotes a little time to respect for private lands. He's teaching thus encouraging off-trail in the U.P. This is not out west and off-trail terrorism is
a growing problem....and he will be contributing to the increase in abuse if he doesn't coach them on this important aspect of riding off-trail and they will be
jeopardizing the future of off-trail for everyone!

I hope he devotes a little time to respect for private lands. He's teaching thus encouraging off-trail in the U.P. This is not out west and off-trail terrorism is
a growing problem....and he will be contributing to the increase in abuse if he doesn't coach them on this important aspect of riding off-trail and they will be
jeopardizing the future of off-trail for everyone!

This clinic is being held on either private land with land owners permission and on State land. Permits have been pulled and insurance is in place. The clinic will cover land issues, trespassing and how to enjoy this kind of riding while respecting the local population.

WOW this guy's getting a warm welcome!! LOL

I agree, we are trying to do something good and so many (not only on this site) are only pointing out the negatives or looking to start trouble. Very disheartening.

skid

pretty good pay check for the week[6,000 for each class] 12,000 a week ,a few of these a season and it would be a good year.

pez

I would like to take a Matt Entz class. I have read about him and he seems like a great teacher. I wish I was going to be in town for it.

One of these years I will venture to his stomping grounds for a class.

pretty good pay check for the week[6,000 for each class] 12,000 a week ,a few of these a season and it would be a good year.

If it were all going in his pocket I'd agree but it's not cheap to drive 3000 miles pulling a trailer, lodging, meals, fuel, permits, insurance etc.....

garyl62

If it were all going in his pocket I'd agree but it's not cheap to drive 3000 miles pulling a trailer, lodging, meals, fuel, permits, insurance etc.....

Same thought I had, not a bad paycheck but there is definitely some overhead and fees that come out of that. Plus, class still goes on with less than 10 I'm sure, so if only 5 sign up ask yourself if you'd drive out and set everything up for 1/2 that money with the same amount of expenses.

chicagosledder

Same thought I had, not a bad paycheck but there is definitely some overhead and fees that come out of that. Plus, class still goes on with less than 10 I'm sure, so if only 5 sign up ask yourself if you'd drive out and set everything up for 1/2 that money with the same amount of expenses.

If I was him I would fly in and rent a machine. Plane tickets and a rental and you're far ahead of the fuel bill along with the wear and tear.

polarisrider1

Really??? What difference does it matter to any of you what he does or doesn't make.
It's about training and educating. If you don't perceive it as a value then so be it. Others do.

chicagosledder

Really??? What difference does it matter to any of you what he does or doesn't make.
It's about training and educating. If you don't perceive it as a value then so be it. Others do.

Lighten up, I was just suggesting something so he can make his trip as financially worth while as possible.

indy_500

Really? We're arguing about what he charges for the class? Matt is a professional in the snowmobile business who is a top rider for Polaris, Klim, etc. along the same lines as Chris Burandt. He's pretty much a "snowmobile superstar" kind of guy, some people won't put a price tag on a day of riding with him. So cool to see a guy of his caliber coming to the UP!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Lighten up, I was just suggesting something so he can make his trip as financially worth while as possible.

So...just to make sure I have this correct... It is OK for you to post your opinions/suggestions on things, but not others?

-John

garyl62

Really? We're arguing about what he charges for the class? Matt is a professional in the snowmobile business who is a top rider for Polaris, Klim, etc. along the same lines as Chris Burandt. He's pretty much a "snowmobile superstar" kind of guy, some people won't put a price tag on a day of riding with him. So cool to see a guy of his caliber coming to the UP!

I'm not thinking what he's charging is out of line at all. $300 a day for instruction and a meal each day is not much more than a good sled rental. In fact my point was at first it may look like a nice paycheck, but he has expenses that people don't think of, and he's taking the risk if not enough people show up. I would have considered signing up for the intro class if I had known about it much father in advance. It's something I'd really like to learn how to do, but don't want to go with some guys that I'd be holding up, and I won't go alone because I don't know what I'm doing or where its ok to go.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member

The 19 year old gets it. Indy for the win!

cooksend

The 19 year old gets it. Indy for the win!

Skylar, I think Indy gets a lot of thing that he didn't just a couple short years ago!

I would love the opportunity to throw some lines down and learn how to improve my skills with somebody as advanced as Matt Entz! Too bad I am heading west those dates!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
No John, it is ok, I just thought out loud so the man could make the most on his trip. Forget I said anything.

I was not referring to your comment on flying out and renting. I was referring to the first post you made on this thread.

-John