Off trail riding in the UP

troyhermxrs

looking to do some boondocking in the UP this year, Dont really know where to go, any information would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

cmharcou

When we rode north of the bridge last year, there were log roads everywhere that was untouched. I just had an older vmax 700 at the time with a short track and there is no way I could even get close to it. I tried and made it about 40 feet. It was literally 5 feet deep or more everywhere we went. Get off the trail and we get stuck. Will those long tracks with 162 and wide skis really plow through 5 feet of snow? I would like to see that!

samc

No one will give up their spots for boondocking troyhermxrs! You have to find your own spots, that's the fun of it. Good luck.

keweenawboy

The best offtrail is around twin lakes, north of the bridge sucks, not many places to go offtrail, trespassing signs everywhere, stay south of the bridge for the best snow.

S

skylar

Don't let keweenawboy fool ya, there is a reason why he is saying stay south of the bridge.

There is awesome off trail in the Huron Mountains, base yourself in Lanse and head east from there.

twobald

i am owner of mineral river lodge in white pine and i take my guest out boondocking on a regular basis at no charge in fact most have never been before and by end of the season 99% buy a long track and stop riding down south all together
but as a fact if it is posted stay out a lot of locals use game tracker cameras and send in the info to the sherif and you get busted by your decals ride safe

mezz

<font color="0000ff">"Any information would be greatly appreciated."</font> And so it goes.... Sorry, this is restricted information. You will eventually understand. This thread will self distruct in 10 seconds.
happy.gif
-Mezz

cuzzinolaf

Go down the trail and look for that big tree on the left with snow all over it and then you'll see the little opening. Turn in there and go to the first fallen tree and make a right. About a mile in after following the single track you'll be entering what I like to call powder heaven. Good luck and post some pics when ya get there.

polarisrider1

Cuzz, you gave away a good spot. lol.We use plastic ribbon markers. Now if you drop into Kingston Plains from the north, used to be the sneaky way in to the good stuff. you will see everyone else does the same. Now we have pink, yellow, green, purple, orange and red ribbons going through there. Orange is mine.

S

skylar

Don't forget that one spot near Oakville, turn there, head in about 2 miles, then you will reach Maplewood, once you get to Maplewood, take the third left, or is that the fourth left on the two track, I don't remember, anyways, turn there, cut across the beaver dam, hang a right past that one brush pile, when you get to the dead stump STOP! 'Cause if ya don't yer gonna wreck sumptin.

polarisrider1

skylar, are you refering to Maplewood next to Pine tree Valley, or is it next to Birch meadow yet on the other side of pucker brush ridge?

getsome

<font color="ff0000">Nothing worse than finding someone in your favorite spot ;( Stop looking around and keep your eyes on the trail in front of you. think SAFETY</font>