Off trail riding in the UP

S

skylar

Polarisrider, no, it is the Maplewood on THIS side of pucker brush ridge, and PAST Birch Meadow, but NEXT to Pine Tree Valley.
happy.gif

Rusty, YES, very easy to find, I gave you directions above, I suppose you want to cheat and use your GPS? LOL.

polarisrider1

rusty, you know the routine. We bait skylar with strudel, then feed him Moms pasties, before you know it he will sing like a canary!

S

scott_b

Is that the formula? I thought the way to his heart was pasties and Budlight...

TurboMatt

"but as a fact if it is posted stay out a lot of locals use game tracker cameras and send in the info to the sherif and you get busted by your decals ride safe"

Hey twobald....you should follow your own advise sometime....LOL....good times...I can't wait to get out riding.

woody01

Just keep tabs on the NOAA snowdepth and water equivilent interactive maps - then overlay that on the areas within the UP that consist mainly of State and Federal land (minus the protected wilderness areas) and head out with friends.

North of the bridge is good - so is Schoolcraft and Alger Counties.

Just grab a map and compass and you're good to go.

S

skylar

You guys think you can bribe me with strudels and pasties? Do you really think I am that easy? RIIIGHT!

P.S. I prefer the apple strudels, and I like my pasties with gravy. LOL
happy.gif

polarisrider1

skylar, I got my wife to make apple strudel fresh today. Part of dinner. No pasties thou! Next Thanksgiving. She is making 4 large strudel from scratch. I will try and save some! Not! My job is to deep fry the bird. Gotta go I am being prompted to get started by her!

zrjes

The best riding is definitely South of the bridge around Twin Lakes, there is nothing good North of the Bridge....Just lots of trails and nowhere to hop off and play
sad.gif

Stack

S

skylar

No no no, I know agreat place north of the bridge. Once you get to the stop sign in Mohawk, you go up the trail and...

awww, never mind.
happy.gif

polarisrider1

Skylar, Mohawk is a hair style, not a Location. Geez, was that a nice save or what? Wife is not in the room. Strudel not the same as Moms.

yooper_man

I would have to agree with skylar. There is alot more public land, where you can ride in southern Houghton county, and in Ontonagon county.

S

skylar

Polarisrider, good one, don't let yer wife hear ya say that. LOL.

Stack, thought you might like that. LOL.

fireman35

You guys quit lyin to this poor guy. Tell him the truth the best off trail ridin is in Munising,nowhere near the keewenaw.Your better off stayin down there.

namrepus

Anywhere north or south of Houghton/Hancock is good. 144+ track good.Watch the weather, and send a message out to the board for who got the most snow. With our lake effect and elevation change, snow amounts can vary in different locations. Twin Lakes area was amazing last year. I grew up riding short track trail sleds, after riding a big sled off trail a few times the only use for trails is getting to fresh powder. It's really addictive. Of course some people may not consider carrying an avalanche shovel with to dig out a whole lot of fun...

dolph

Know who your with, so they don't lead you into a no trespassing area and then scatter when the owners of the property show up, leaving you with egg on your face.