Official John Dee Snow Central Family Thread #175 (33,039)

mrsjac95

A beautiful sunshine day today here in MinneIGOTSNOWta!!! :cool:

And more coming... yep... everyone is bitching about it, but I just sit and grin. B R I N G IT!!

If we get hammered... then we will have some good snow for the big snowmobile races in Elko for next weekend!! I mean we got butt loads of snow now and they are moving it all over there... but a nice fresh layer on top of the stuff we have now will make for a great track!

I want to take the kids - I can only imagine... it will be like a surprise! :) :)

Got some REALLY great news from my Dad... the tumor that is in his lung was the size of a large golfball in November when they found it. After 6 weeks of intense daily radiation and weekly chemo treatments, that tumor is now down to the size of a PIN HEAD!!! The doc was VERY happy to see that in his last scan. He tells us to be careful to not get too excited because he is NOT in remission yet, but that this was way better than the doc even expected. So, he will continue with some strong chemo over the next 9 weeks. Three treatments with 3 weeks inbetween. Then they will wait 30 days and do another scan.

THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts and prayers... the power of friends, family and prayers is very evident here! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

SUPER HUGE HUGS!!! :D

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

carole

Good news Julie!!! I for one believe in the power of prayer. Everyday I pray for certain people that are suffering from cancer and going thru chemo/radiation therapy. You dad is also on my list.

mrsjac95

Thanks Carole! I really appreciate that!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Ya know... the last two years have been such a challenge for me and my family - but I have this great feeling of good things coming. My job is going great - got extended again for a FULL YEAR! Jim has a good solid job now, my Dad's good news. It just seems to be falling into place.

Makes me SMILE! :D

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

Bradzoo

Hate it when that happens, sleds are loaded and full of gas, filled the truck last nite 81.50 ouch, this will diffenately be the last ride of the season, sucks when 1 tank of gas costs as much as the hotel room for the weekend.

Bradzoo

Well it was a quick last trip north for the season, even though Kelly's shoulder isn't quite healed she wanted to ride her new sled one more time, so we shot up to Hulbert on Friday rode yesterday and came home today. Her shoulder did good but is sore today, we rode 75 miles off trail in some of the best snow of the season, but I don't think it will hold up as its supposed to get warmer and rain up there this week.

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 61

classic_chic

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

Wishing we could have ridden more this year - but there's always next year! Bring on spring and the warmth - I'm ready to get my Kawi fixed so I can ride it! Only problem - it's buried in snow and prolly frozen to our back yard! DOH! It's almost wheeling season! Bring on the mud! :D

Canoepaddler

Just watching the radar and hoping for a dumping on the MN North Shore, where it would do some good. Not looking too good though. It's not going much past Duluth yet. I can only hope...long night.

Dave

mrsjac95

YEP! All still here... busy busy busy... I can't get over how things have changed for my family over the past two years...

I went from being out of a job, to a full time college student, then a full time Mom when the hubby took an OTR Trucker job, then a fulltime job was added. I am so busy I never know what day it is, but I'm LOVING IT! Totally love the job, the college stuff is hardass work but it's VERY rewarding. And the kids... they are the best - they've really stepped up to the plate to be helpful with their Dad gone M-F. And when he's home on the weekends - it's all about time with the Big Guy! :)

I look back to where I was two years ago (March 23, 2009) when I walked out of my office after being laid off, nearly 18 months of no work for either of us, to where we are now - I can do nothing but smile. What a roller coaster and to come out the other side stronger than ever. I'm very proud of my family.

Oh sorry... didn't mean to be so gushy... but it's from the heart! :) :)

When's the next ride in!?

REV IT UPx3!

Jul