Old Decoys

maddogg

I have some old Herter's Decoys. They are brown and black plastic ducks from my Father from when he was young - mayber 50 year ago. I only have 5 or so and they have seen better days. I don't use them for hunting anymore as there are a lot better products on the market, but was wondering if anyone collects them. I have a couple separated just for legacy, but was wondering what to do with the rest.

Thanks for your input.

dab102999

Find a nice spot on the shop wall and hang . If you got kids and they see them the stories will start about the things you guys used to do and someday they will like to have them. Or if you are like my father it will just be fun to take all your old junk over to your kids house once they get one!!!

ezra

put pottato sack set in corner of attic. in 50 more years someone will find them and hall them to antiques road show. and tell the storry of how some crazy guy lived in the house and collected the strangest things and burred them in the insulation in the attic. ps toss a auto trader or somthing like that in the bag.I am a contractor and I find some strange tings from time to time .but I like the old house adds in the newspaper if a house is on my way home I like to drop paper in the box with add hilighted.like lake minnetonka cabin $7000 running watter.and you know the guy living in the same house 13 additions latter payed close to a mill.coolest thing I found was a ww1 german hand gun the home owner did not like guns and told me to get it out of her house. cost a bit to get restored but my gramps loved it