Ole Viper 700 May be done

snocrazy

One moment slight vibration..... Is it snow or ice in tunnel???.... brap brap. Oh god she blew apart.
Secondary clutch bearing seized. remove belt begin to tow..... oh crap stop stop stop. .
The secondary drive shaft got so hot it bent. Now the secondary is destroyed and tunnel damage.
Dragged her out on a sled we got from a neighbor of the Tanglewood in shingleton.

Still weeks of riding to be had. See if I can get it back together.
Now is when my friends regret leaving sleds up here ;) Big ride planned for this weekend.

Google photo album... Was a great day of riding. We rode from South of Buckhorn on 7 to a fund raiser at the bear trap. Lots of water running. Good stuff. No dirt at all on trail 8 or 7. Just plenty of slush and water.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NzQJUOJpPPDy0ozl1

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_211232.jpg
    IMG_20180423_211232.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 208
T

Tracker

I am proud of you...burnt a hole in the frame.....I did that twice so it can be replaced...not dead yet...nice pics dude...that sure looks like riding the BN trail in the northern part of the yellow area that they all said I don't know what I am talking aboot....DOH....keep up the good work...and remember the sledders motto....THEY MAKE MORE EVER DAY....frame inserts that is on that one...LOL...you ride and ride and hardly ever lift the lid...same here....1st clue is at some point you thought the track was loose...and maybe even tightened it....negativo...as you see now...love the part where you say...weeks of riding yet....dam straight

HIGHLANDER

HA! good story there! I'm pretty sure ive got you figured out as to who you are snocrazy...yeah, and ive ridden with ya also...you need to slow down, wait... its not you whos fast, its me whos slow...blahblahblah....lol! i was laughing at that viper this year, and even got to sit on it:friendly_wink:

snocrazy

I am proud of you...burnt a hole in the frame.....I did that twice so it can be replaced...not dead yet...nice pics dude...that sure looks like riding the BN trail in the northern part of the yellow area that they all said I don't know what I am talking aboot....DOH....keep up the good work...and remember the sledders motto....THEY MAKE MORE EVER DAY....frame inserts that is on that one...LOL...you ride and ride and hardly ever lift the lid...same here....1st clue is at some point you thought the track was loose...and maybe even tightened it....negativo...as you see now...love the part where you say...weeks of riding yet....dam straight

Upper shaft..... track never was in the picture.

Have all of the parts but need to figure out the tunnel mount behind secondary.
Does some body sell these tunnel inserts pre made that you know of? Other wise gonna be custom fabricated.
I assume it does not matter if the bearing is a 16th further from the secondary. It floats on the shaft any way.

snocrazy

HA! good story there! I'm pretty sure ive got you figured out as to who you are snocrazy...yeah, and ive ridden with ya also...you need to slow down, wait... its not you whos fast, its me whos slow...blahblahblah....lol! i was laughing at that viper this year, and even got to sit on it:friendly_wink:

You know too much! ;)
That Viper will go any where or do any thing a new 15k sled will do. The thing is dead nuts with the 2014 Artic Cat High Country 800. Bender performance triple pipes since new. Lets go ride and you and my back wont be laughing.

T

Tracker

Upper shaft..... track never was in the picture.

Have all of the parts but need to figure out the tunnel mount behind secondary.
Does some body sell these tunnel inserts pre made that you know of? Other wise gonna be custom fabricated.
I assume it does not matter if the bearing is a 16th further from the secondary. It floats on the shaft any way.

ok I toasted that one too several times....the piece you want...and I cannot remember the part name...is this top frame piece...see it riveted to shaft side there and to front end of frame...you swap that long piece out...yami probably has one too....and bob or joanie at adventure centre arctic cat can get and or find it for you...before cat they were yami dealers and they is THE BEST by far...joanie knew exactly what I needed and was shipped fast....days only....call em I would

http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/att...9451-fixing-repairing-crashed-f7-img_1506.jpg

1fujifilm

You know too much! ;)
That Viper will go any where or do any thing a new 15k sled will do. The thing is dead nuts with the 2014 Artic Cat High Country 800. Bender performance triple pipes since new. Lets go ride and you and my back wont be laughing.

Lets see it hang with that Cat riding trail 3 from Mass City to Houghton on any given Saturday afternoon; ain't gonna happen.

Bear

T

Tracker

hey SNOCRAZY.....there is a place...and I hate to admit that I used to be a yami guy....there is a place that bought ALL YAMAHAHA OEM SNOWMOBILE PARTS that were left overs...for all yami sleds...I rebuilt several using only OEM parts....and calling joanie also...she has what number to look for and her knowledge is above anyone I have ever met....you would never find it in a million years...its called

http://www.boats.net/

down towards bottom it says YAMAHA genuine parts and accesorries...and then click yamahaha snowmobile parts...enjoy...you fackers all reading this and snocrazy....you all.... OWE ME BIG TIME FOR THIS

buddah2

You know too much! ;)

I don't know if you get on TY anymore but go there and contact Barn of Parts......he has a huge inventory of Yami parts of all vintages....

T

Tracker

just to clarify.....boats.net has BRANDY NEW OEM PARTS IN BOXES AND BAGS....even the old stuff....not used like the pottery barn

snocrazy

picked up a complete 03 viper with a blown motor for parts for 600. Swapped motor and mods over.... she is back and better than ever. 2150 miles on the parts sled i bought. Motor is strong with 9000 hard off trail miles and exclusively run sea and snow. Just have to clean power valves every year.

rozzy43

snocrazy,

I feel your pain! had mine go down(melted piston) west of Newberry our last trip. will cost about or more then you got the spare sled for!

070.jpg 071.jpg 072.jpg