Omg

D

Deleted member 10829

Can't wait to hear about it. Let us know where you've been riding.

sjb

Get your miles in now bud, the trailers are coming up next week with WI 40 degree temps.

Bear

I had two different thoughts about that. One, anywhere there are trails, people have been able to ride, keeping the pressure off the trails in the northwoods. So, with the warm weather, folks will need to head north is one thought. The other thought, is people have been able to scratch their itch locally, and the need to head north, and continue to pile on miles has waned.

And FWIW - I hope to be north next week! 1500 miles, and counting. Heading out for a local ride with 2 buddies at 1 pm, then meeting the wife back at the house to grab fish tonight via sled at 5:30. Should be a 150-200 mile day from the back yard.

1fujifilm

I had two different thoughts about that. One, anywhere there are trails, people have been able to ride, keeping the pressure off the trails in the northwoods. So, with the warm weather, folks will need to head north is one thought. The other thought, is people have been able to scratch their itch locally, and the need to head north, and continue to pile on miles has waned.

And FWIW - I hope to be north next week! 1500 miles, and counting. Heading out for a local ride with 2 buddies at 1 pm, then meeting the wife back at the house to grab fish tonight via sled at 5:30. Should be a 150-200 mile day from the back yard.

Keep the miles going, good work.
I was thinking of riding to "The Kountry Bar" for their fish fry tonight, ever been there? Easy trail access, and a good fisherman's platter at a good price.

I do have to sort of agree, the later we get into March people get into their kids spring breaks, southern travel and lose interest in the cold. Last year, my last 2 U.P. rides were 3/16/19 and 3/31/19; traffic was very low and the 3/31 trip I stopped at the Parkview and the bartender said I was 1 of 5 sleds on her shift that day. Trails were as good as any other day.

Bear

Bear

sjb

I was thinking of riding to "The Kountry Bar" for their fish fry tonight, ever been there? Easy trail access, and a good fisherman's platter at a good price.

Bear

Bear

Have not been to the Kountry Bar. I live near high cliff state park and find the fish fries, and to be honest, most other foods, better and more reasonable to the south of me than in Appleton. Don't get me wrong, fine dining is better in town (Pisco Mar for example was excellent), but the old fashioned supper clubs are great as you get towards the holy land. There is actually a club organized either out of Appleton or Green Bay that all they do is hit supper clubs, often in our direction. That is the direction we are going to head tonight.

indy_500

I do have to sort of agree, the later we get into March people get into their kids spring breaks, southern travel and lose interest in the cold. Last year, my last 2 U.P. rides were 3/16/19 and 3/31/19; traffic was very low and the 3/31 trip I stopped at the Parkview and the bartender said I was 1 of 5 sleds on her shift that day. Trails were as good as any other day.

Bear

Bear
I've been there a countless number of times, typically for bands but their food is always pretty darn good. High school buds mom handed the bar down to him, now he runs it. I would suggest not going too late tonight, it usually gets pretty obnoxious as the night goes on there