One last run - Western UP?

gade-thrasher

I've got the itch to make one last run. I can do a day-trip tomorrow (Saturday). What do things look like - Wakefield, Bergland, White Pine, Bruce Crossing, Watersmeet, etc? Would it be worth the drive? I can't find any updated trail reports.

Heading to Keweenaw tomorrow. Staying at the Ramada on the Portage Canal. Planning on riding up to Copper Harbor Saturday and Sunday. Are the trails still snow covered and ridable?

hermie

Wondering the same thing looking more winter like Friday & Saturday. Web cam 2 still looks good but the trail seems to hold up there pretty good. Any information would be much appreciated. We are heading for the day from St. Germain. Maybe hitting Henry's for there stacked grilled ham and cheese on our back to St.Germain

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you will be able to ride from the Ramada, it was getting pretty sketchy last Saturday. Calumet north should still be pretty dang good. Getting in to Eagle Harbor Copper Harbor or Lac la Belle is not going to be good on the carbides, but, you have all summer to change them out.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The trail through the city of Hancock is cooked, down to bare pavement. Trailside might let you park with permission, although they have gone to seasonal hours and do not have someone there all the time. I know some park in the parking lot where Pat's and Shopko is. Probably OK, as long as there is not a ton of folks doing it and taking up a significant part of the lot. The lot at Vansville is also closed due to it being too soft for vehicles, but the bar is open.

-John

hermie

Thanks for all the info. We are going to give it a go. What do we have to loose. Always nice to take a drive up that way. Should be pretty quiet on the trails.