One More Thing Off My Check List.

whitedust

I hear ya so8434 I was crusing my Attack up the trail to Lake of the Clouds with my bud on MXZ xpx 800r...looking around taking in the sites in the rocking chair when I looked back his XP was gone. I looked down & I was doing between 95 & 100. I was like whooa slow this thing down. I waited at the top & my bud said he just could not keep up through the whoops & big bumps at that speed. The Attack plain rips & handles the rough real well.

indy_500

heck i was taking in the views up north on a road thinking i was goin about 60 and i was going 95 on my 99 indy 500! pff who needs 800's anyways
happy.gif

whitedust

Indy better check that speedo on 500 to GPS. Old 488s were great engines but not up to that speed. Most people purchase 2s 600s but 4s is changing that putting out 125 to 140 HP in the so called 120 class. I know you luv your sled & I think it is a good sled for you but 500 cc & hp to 150hp not in same ball park with happy speedos on both sides.

ubee

Not too many sleds out there that will go a honest 100 MPH on police certified radar.Spedo error is huge especially electronic yami! I had old Rupp with 440 Zenough liquid that would show 117 on the speedo,or was it 113,can't remember.LOL

yamahauler

I don't believe the speedo is wrong, if I remember right, the speedo is measuring track speed, not how fast the sled is moving across the tundra.

indy_500

poo speedo's are the most accurate of any brand if i remember right from reading in a snowgoer mag. i really was flying though. on a couple of other occasions i've hit 90 on trail like conditions. the road had about an inch or 2 of fresh powder on top of 1 inch of icy hardpack snow that was rock hard. so it gave my non studded sled lots of traction.

hanginon

Ubee.. you are not wrong! A speedo is off?? Side by side hubby (09 Renegade) was showing 103mph, I was showing 112mph(06 Attak),as we raced acrossed a lake.

Indy 500.. You would have been in the white dust.

rsvectordude

HAHAHA I agree with Skylar that look on her face is priceless and you should frame that pic with a caption and hang it in the garage...

so8434

Ya that's a good idea,and maybe I'll use "dcsnomo" idea for the caption.
"Quit screwing around with the camera and PUT MY SLED BACK TOGETHER! NOW!" or "Do-it yourself oil change $70.00(I think), making the wife happy again PRICELESS"

whitedust

It is funny!! I get that look from my wife all the time followed by "Honey I REALLY do know what I'm doing" At least sometimes I do.
happy.gif
lol

lvr1000

so8434, I did the 5000 mile check on the valves on her Z1 Jag. I now know why the dealer wanted $350 - $400 dollars. No left over parts (except shims). Not bad for not having a manual and my first time with overhead valves.

Glad I did it, one exhaust valve was tight.

whitedust

so8434 how did the 06 stock rear spring work out for both of you with RA? TY claims soft 06 rear springs. My 07 Attack GT rear spring is set at hardest setting but very rarly bottoms out for me at 230lbs geared & bunch of stuff in bags. The EC Ohlin works best for me in stutters finding the sweet spot that other sleds just can't smooth out. Gives this old guy an edge with the 25 old riders. Also how does your Attack do on gas ...I get 13-15mpg mostly UPMI riding.

so8434

lvr100, What are you going to do with the $$ you saved?? If you don't already have one I would recommend a lift.
With all the money you are saving by doing your own work, it almost seems like you can't afford not to have one. Was the wife watching you the entire time???

whitedust - The Attak is hers, and if I told you what she weighs I would get a life time of "stink-eye". lets just say the stock rear spring suits her fine (has it on a medium setting) . Last year was her first on this sled
( coming from a 08' 500ss Doo ) so she\we have not had a lot of opportunity to play with the settings. This year will be different. The gas mileage was between 15mpg, and 18mpg depending on how we were ridding.

lvr1000

I have a lift with the wheel kit.
Was she watching? No! She did walk in on me just before the pictures were taken to tell me dinner was ready. She wasn't happy seeing her sled in so many pieces! That's why I had her go get the camera. I also took a short video of the mayhem.

She knows better than to be in the MANCAVE during an operation. She also wants to know why the house isn't as warm.