Oneida County Opening 12/18

jknoup

Forrest Riders Club posted the following on their website.

December 10, 2019

At the December meeting of the Oneida County Snowmobile Council, it was determined that the tentative opening day of the snowmobiling season, in Oneida County, will be Wednesday, December 18th. This date was determined based on when all the special gun deer hunting seasons will end.

It is expected that the Oneida County Forestry Department will be making a Public Service Announcement on Monday, December 16, officially announcing the date and time of when the season opens.

Attak man

Just an FYI...I can't speak for the forest riders or Cc Cruisers....but the Tomahawk area clubs are removing trees, and brush...it's a real mess (from the last couple of storms), and the swamps are full, very wet....they are out and packing trails, and wet areas (and have been for the last week or so)...no lakes are marked as of yet, and no idea when they will be...at this point they are not safe...the bigger lakes further north are not even froze over completely yet (Fence ...Etc)

kevinj

Maybe the 20th like Vilas I Hope

Yeah hoping. From where I base out of (up by Bib's Resort), my access is either north to little saint (blocked by unsafe ice) or south to the high lines via Twilight (bull pen). Hoping to head up Thursday night and be out at opening at 8. I've never hit opening day.

Attak man

Oneida Update: (As of Yesterday)

December 12, 2019

Public Service Announcement

DATE: December 12, 2019

TO: News Media (And Other Interested Persons)

FROM: Oneida County Forestry Department RE: Update of the Oneida County Snowmobile Trail System

Snowmobile trails in Oneida County remain closed until further notice.

Currently, the snowmobile clubs are working on making sure the trails are clear of downed trees and packing the trails to ensure they are ready and safe for public use.

Once Oneida County has confirmation that ALL ten clubs have completed their inspections, we will send out a press release announcing the opening date/time for the 2019/20 snowmobile season.

Contact Information:

Oneida County Forestry Department, 715-369-6140
Oneida County Snowmobile Council President, Jim Wendt 715-891-1610