Our last ride from the wildlife refuge cabins. 3/27-3/28

junior1

Went up last thursday thru sunday and rode with Dave and Lori one last time. Rick and Deb from Dobson Entertainment and their group rode with also. Friday we did some site seeing and saturday led us to a few creek crossings. Thanks to Dave who lets us tag along all the time always have a good time. See you in a few months with the ATV's.
108324.jpg

108325.jpg

108326.jpg

108327.jpg

108328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

junior1

Lori painted both her and Daves sleds. She is the best painter I have ever met. Go to South Range and stop in at the gas station she is painting a great big wall with all four seasons next to each other.

indy_500

her husbands sled looks really nice. her sled looks like it's painted well but i just wouldn't make a sled pink and green. hopefully that didn't offend anyone

favoritos

Pink and green makes it art IMO. I saw the sled and was pretty impressed. I saw both of the sleds and they looked pretty dang good together. I would love to see more variety on sleds and those two have a killer combo look. Bumble bees done as decals or were they painted as well?

Anyhow, the riding looked awesome. Had to be fun navigating the changing conditions with the warmer weather. That dam is where?
We keep trying to find new places.

junior1

Lori painted both sleds herself they took off all the stickers and left them off. the dam is north of the freda loop much neater looking in the spring time

loriwlrc

junior1 we are still riding! Dave has a group out today and this past week Dobson's were here shooting the ad campaign for Premier sleds. They are really neat looking mid size sleds and fun to ride, wish you could have come back to try one out, I see one in your future when the time comes for you to have children!I want one with a turbo and I'll do a different colOr scheme. I'm hoping to start the dragon murals on my sled soon.See you on the ATV's soon. The XP's were painted with base coat, clear coat, Hot Wheels color, cool paint but expensive, NO OFFENCE TAKEN,I wanted a girlie paint color, and most pinks are to pale in color.

S

skylar

Great pics!

Lori, quit rubbing it in about still riding! LOL. We had a great ride last weekend, but, I know there is still plenty of snow up there, and I can't come up and play! Waaa, waaa, boo hoo!

Sorry to hear about your truck, just glad you guys didn't get hurt!

loriwlrc

well I'm thinking Wed. the 22nd. was for sure our last ride of the year, BUT THEN AGAIN ONE NEVER KNOWS! We in the South Range area to Toivola had by far the most snow 2 1/2' behind the Painesdale area, actually the snow was pretty tough to break through, in a 1/4 mile strech I was stuck 3 times, mostly driver's error, as you pretty much had to have the throttle pegged to bust through the snow.Dave was patient though.... So then we decided it was a little to deep and headed down the trail, which was a tough go as trucks rutted up some of the trail and the day before sleds went through ,by the looks of their tracks they had a blast with short tracks.The closer to Twin Lakes we got the snow declined, not by much but by far less then what we recieved. We headed down 109 to the Otter River bridge,and they had recieved little if any snow in that area. We headed through the woods back to Donken and the higher we went the deeper the snow got, the snow was much easier to ride by 4 in the afternoon, so we rode until 8 p.m., by the time we got back to the trailer the snow had droped at least a foot! And this morning we have about a foot and a half in our yard, it's quite warm this morning but for sure a perfect spring ride day!! Bummer I can't go today Dave's at an auction and this weekend is repair my paint job on my truck I smacked up a few weekends ago, so it appears we may have put the sleds away if the rain comes this weekend, we're still hoping to get a ride in in May though.

jsled123

Hey! Looks really fun is that the 08 or 09 ski-doo. If So those are really nice looking I would like to have one like that.